Why become a member? ×

Greco Bass

briansbrew

Hi guys

Here is my new purchase, an unusual one and I am posting some pics to see if anyone has had a bass like this or even seen one before for Greco. From my help from Jon he has managed to get some good info for me as to the origin of the Bass. I won't at this stage divulge this as i am hoping some of you guys might add your input.

Its a strange one because the pickups are not the usual Greco, but I know that this is original and in pretty good shape for its age, probably home use only.

The nut width and neck shape are near as damm it jazz like, the pups have a good precision sound which I am more than happy with. Anyway let me know your thoughts

I will post better pics when the weather is better

[attachment=244193:IMG_0807.jpg][attachment=244194:IMG_0805.jpg][attachment=244195:IMG_0808.jpg][attachment=244196:IMG_0809.jpg][attachment=244197:IMG_0810.jpg][attachment=244198:IMG_0813.jpg][attachment=244199:IMG_0799.jpg][attachment=244200:IMG_0806.jpg]

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1493366145' post='3287744']
I'm sure I saw one of these on the Classic & Cool Guitars website but with a maple board.

Yup, here is it: [url="http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/portfolio/1981-greco-pb-450-bass/"]http://classicandcoo...co-pb-450-bass/[/url]
[/quote]

Different pickups, truss rod adjustment is at the top and the letter R in greco is different. This is the much later model.

Brian

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1493396457' post='3288090']
Good point. I had a "Gneco" EB3 clone which was an excellent bass. I believe they are well regarded.
[/quote]

From what I have heard they are very good basses. I have several MIJ basses and this one is well up there in terms of build quality and sound.

I believe the 'Gneco' logos are the early one and more sought after than the later 'Greco' ones. Good basses though, my EB-350 certainly was. Obigatory pics...

[attachment=244295:Greco EB-350 02.jpg] [attachment=244296:Greco EB-350 03.jpg] [attachment=244297:Greco EB-350 01.jpg]