Why become a member? ×

Gone Please Lock. Status S3 Walnut Burl & LED's.
£2500

ChazzJEUK

So I got this beautiful instrument from our own Loki only a few moons ago. It's a fantastic bass but alas Alpher are calling me.

It's in fantastic condition with only minimal signs of use.

This bass is ex Slipknot. It used to belong to Alex 'Vman' Venturella in 2016. It was his main touring bass for some time and there are numerous pictures of him playing it on the internet. There is also a live Slipknot DVD where it is played.

It is the exact S3 that is pictured you when you click on the 'S3' link on the Status-Graphite page.

Vman swapped out the tuners for Hipshot Ultralites. The originals were kept by him. Given that Vman was guitar tech for Slipknot before he was their bass player I trusted that he had done a good job and he has indeed. The Hipshots use the same mounting screw position so you could put Status tuners back on without any problems. No additional holes were drilled.

There are a couple of battlescars, all inflicted on the road with Slipknot, but none are anything more that a tiny knock and are obviously purely cosmetic. There is a chip on the front of the headstock, two small dings on the very top of the headstock, some light scratches on the back and a three surface dings in the lacquer on the top of the body (see pics).

The bass has 3-band EQ and is fitted with blue wraparound LEDs. It comes with the original Status Hiscox hard case. It has gold Schaller straplocks fitted. It has 19mm string spacing and a 34" neck. Alex got this directly from Rob at Status, I bought it from Scott in Portsmouth. I am the 3rd owner.

I should also include that this bass is standard spec (19mm string spacing etc) and it wasn't made specifically for Vman. Its the "stock model" S3 from the Status website.

I wasn't provided any documentation to prove this was Vman's bass but Dawn at Status will vouch for its originality. It's also very clear from the grain of the walnut top that it's the same one from the Slipknot photos and videos. Easily identifiable via the grain pattern of the Walnut Burl.

Specs are as follows:

Woven Carbon Fiber neck
Blue Wrap around LED's
Walnut Burl Top
Flame Maple faux binding
Mahogany body
Hipshot tuners
Mono rail bridge
19mm string spacing
34" neck
Schaller Strap locks

This is a firm £2500. As I need £2900 for my Alpher!

Edited by ChazzJEUK