Why become a member? ×

Xvive U2 Wireless system

I just ordered one of these, should be arriving sometime next week. They look pretty smart and seem to get some good feedback, I like the fact that you just charge them up and they'll give you 4/5 hours, no batteries or additional power supply to mess about with and are tiny. I don't know much about latency figures but 6ms seems pretty low and people don't seem to notice any difference with cables. Not for use with active circuits though!
I got the black version as I thought it looks less obtrusive, I shall update once it arrives.

http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=298

Edited by chrisanthony1211

• 4 weeks later...

Its simplicity itself.

One thing i have noticed, and you will need to run the batteries down till you can see what i mean, is that one of them runs flat before the other.

You would think that they would run down at the same time. Still, not really an issue. If you get a whole gig out of them, then its job done

• 2 weeks later...

Have you previously used any other wireless (e.g. Smooth Hound)? If so how does it compare?

At £100 they do seem to be amazing value - even better on price than the Smooth Hound (£149) which itself is significantly cheaper than a number of the other wireless systems in the market.

I can only speak about the Smooth Hound, but I guess what you are paying for in additional costs for the higher priced wireless kits, are:
- significantly longer battery life e.g. 20 hours+ on Smooth Hound vs 4 hours for the Xvive;
- just one set of batteries in the transmitter (receiver is powered by mains) - I'm assuming that the Xvive uses batteries in both transmitter and receiver?;
- a more robust and slightly more compact metal cased receiver (vs plastic only in the Xvive?);
- UK based company with excellent reputation for responsive service (vs US manufacturer in the case of Xvive);
- potentially greater range?

But if the Xvive is hitting the mark for you, that's all that matters and I think they are going to be pretty unbeatable on price alone.

Edited by Al Krow