Why become a member? ×

Neil Murray Bass Masterclass - Stourport - Tuesday May 2nd 2017

skankdelvar

A chum in Worcestershire just tipped me off about this. Short notice but there you go.

Bass legend Neil Murray (Whitesnake, Sabbath, Brian May, Michael Schenker, Queen, Gary Moore) is holding a bass masterclass at the Swan in Stourport on Severn, Worcestershire - Tuesday May 2nd.

Neil will talk about his career, demonstrate some of the lines that made him one of the most sought-after bassists in the country and share advice from his life in music. Also music by Ley Lines featuring Andy Edwards (Robert Plant, Frost) Phi Yaan-Zek and Steve Lawson.

Free Entry - Starts 7PM. More info [url="https://www.facebook.com/events/1312950248795242/"]here[/url]

Venue details:

www.theswanstourport.com

Worleys at The Swan
56 High Street
Stourport-on-Severn
Worcestershire
DY13 8BX

tel. 01299 877832

Edited by skankdelvar

Did anyone from here go to this?

I would have loved to - Neil Murray is one of my favourite bass players since I first heard/saw him in National Health in the 70s. Last saw him in the We Will Rock You musical and he was great in that as well.

Edited by drTStingray

[quote name='drTStingray' timestamp='1493567275' post='3289137']
Did anyone from here go to this?

I would have loved to - Neil Murray is one of my favourite bass players since I first heard/saw him in National Health in the 70s. Last saw him in the We Will Rock You musical and he was great in that as well.
[/quote]

It's next week.

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1493665960' post='3289860']
He also had the rather challenging role of dep'ing for Jeff Berlin with Bill Bruford's band...

Caught on the OGWT here: [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrExNIyA3lk"]https://www.youtube....h?v=UrExNIyA3lk[/url]
[/quote]

Is that Ronald McDonald on keys before he adopted the clown makeup?*

If I lived a bit closer I'd probably have gone along to this as its a freebie. I'm not much of one for demos and stuff but Neil comes across as a really nice bloke.

*Yes, I know its Dave Stewart really.

Edited by KevB

Why do I always find out about cool things after they've happened? :( Not that I would have been able to get there on a school night mind...

I hope there will be more, and in other parts of the UK :)