Why become a member? ×

Delano MC 4AL Wiring

petetexas

Hi,
Just purchased a Delano MC 4AL pickup , and the wiring diagram is not clear as to how to wire it [u]without[/u] series / single coil / parallel wiring .
Have emailed Delano , no reply .
All i want is a "hot" and "ground " from the four conductor wires ( green , yellow , white , brown , screen )
Anyone sorted it ?
Pete

You need to decide if you want it set up in either Series or Parallel, (or even single coil, but can't see the point of that) first. Then we can work out which wires need to be connected together and which then become "hot" and "ground".
If you want parallel then connect White and Green together and that is your "Hot". Connect Yellow and Brown together and that is your "Ground".

I have put it into a 1999 Warwick corvette FNA .

Cant believe the difference from stock MEC pup with Seymour Duncan 3 band pre amp , to the Delano system .

And now I have a pull / push Active to Passive switch as well ! ( so if the battery fails mid song ) I can switch to Passive .

Thanks for your help

I'm waiting on an answer from Reinhard at Delano about the switch wiring for the MC 4 HE/M2. I'm looking to replace the Bassculture MM pickup in my Maruszczyk fretless. Unfortunately, it's not as straightforward as you'd hope as I have a 3 way rotary switch fitted and I'm struggling to identify which wire does what (I have series, parallel and single coil options). I believe Reinhard is talking to Adrian at Maruszczyk so I should have an answer soon; fingers crossed.

I was very impressed with the fast response from Reinhard , on a Saturday morning as well ! - and as regard the sound ..well..just perfect for what I want . I do like the mid freq selection 300Hz , 500Hz or 800Hz in the pre amp . I have it set at 500Hz , as when the middle pot is increased it boosts the D and G strings to balance out with the E and A which sees a little quiet ( but they are an old set of strings )

[quote name='petetexas' timestamp='1493649714' post='3289691']
I was very impressed with the fast response from Reinhard , on a Saturday morning as well ! - and as regard the sound ..well..just perfect for what I want . I do like the mid freq selection 300Hz , 500Hz or 800Hz in the pre amp . I have it set at 500Hz , as when the middle pot is increased it boosts the D and G strings to balance out with the E and A which sees a little quiet ( but they are an old set of strings )
[/quote]Yes he seems to answer his emails, no matter what day it is; very impressive service, rather like the products he makes.