Why become a member? ×

Moollon P Classic - £1500 *Sold*
£1500

CamdenRob

Sold

[font=helvetica][size=3]Moollon P Classic - Faded Sonic Blue with a Mint guard.[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]£1500[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]A touch under 4kg according to my luggage scales.[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]So my personal P Bass saga continues... When I don't have a P bass I think to myself I really should get one, it's a classic tone and it'd be useful to have in the stable. So I buy one and then it sits in the corner unplayed... I should just admit to myself that I am a dyed in the wool Wal man and nothing else sounds quite right in my hands.[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]So I have decided to let this wonderful bass go. A decision I will no doubt change my mind about once it's gone :blink:[font=helvetica][size=3] [/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]Imported last year direct from Moollon and to be honest I've not played a better P bass. It is light, resonant and the tone control ranges from a crystal clear shimmer to lovely thumpy vintage vibe. The build quality is flawless and if you are interested in these you are probably already aware of the attempt to create a pre-CBS vibe with these instruments.[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]Currently strung with a fresh set of D'Addario NYXLs but I can also include a set of TI flats if preferred, which is how I have been playing it.[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]Anyway enough waffle on with the pictures.[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3][/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]Condition is flawless to my eyes. Never gigged and only used for a couple of rehearsals and at home. OHSC and all case candy, Moollon strap etc.[/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]This will be [b][u]COLLECTION ONLY[/u][/b] from London NW1. I am in no hurry to sell and to be honest I'm not even really sure I want too, so please don't ask me to ship. I'm happy to wait for a buyer who can collect, although depending on distance / timings / cost I could meet at a train station on a direct line out of London :)[font=helvetica][size=3] [/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]You are more than welcome to try her out evenings or weekends :)[font=helvetica][size=3] [/size][/font][/size][/font]

[font=helvetica][size=3]Payment by Bank Transfer please.[/size][/font]

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1493457652' post='3288435']
Lovely bass Rob!

Looks more Fendery than a Fender bass thing in Fullerton Fender Basstown!

GLWTS
[/quote]

Haha, it does!

Eek, highly tempted to have a dark board partner for my sonic blue maple limelight P!

Scott Devine has featured (and praised) his Moollon P on videos recently, e.g. https://youtu.be/YarWwi7gRqI

GLWTS!

Edited by Kevsy71

This is an ebony board gents... with clay dots. I may be mistaken but I don't think Moollon use rosewood? I seem to remember being told at the time I ordered it was due to availability in Korea.

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1493459323' post='3288456']
Rob, have you tried her with Chromes or LaBella? Would be a lovely bass to keep for those occasions of variance.
[/quote]

I did try LaBellas on it first off as I'd liked them previously but they didn't quite feel right to me on this bass. I preferred the TIs to the rounds it's currently sporting but if I keep it I think I'll give chromes a go.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1493470074' post='3288591']
I did try LaBellas on it first off as I'd liked them previously but they didn't quite feel right to me on this bass. I preferred the TIs to the rounds it's currently sporting but if I keep it I think I'll give chromes a go.
[/quote]

I like TI's, but oddly never as much on my 60's basses. I reckon Chromes might seal the deal for you, they compliment my 66P very well. Good luck with the sale, or working it out.

Interested in this. If it's still available once I've done my end of tax year accounts, I'll be having it I think.

Any chance of a picture of the back of the neck at the headstock join. Cheers.

Edited by natjag