Why become a member? ×

1981 Ibanez Blazer "The Bobinez"
£350

sgt-pluck

Hello all - offering this up here on the forum from whence it came - some of you may recognise it.

It's my lovely 1981 Ibanez Blazer as upgraded many years ago by The Burpster. A few of us have owned it, including Basszilla, The Burpster obviously, Kennyrodg and myself - and so deserves to 'stay within the family'!

The bass is in nice condition for it's age, and was comprehensively upgraded with (I think) Schaller hardware everywhere, including the pups, machines and bridge.

It's a fantastic bass - low slinky action - great neck profile and from what I can remember has awesome tone. The whole machine reverberates in the most pleasing way when played.

Anyway - I stopped playing years ago and it's been in storage with the others for ages. I've just bought another bike to do up that I can't afford, so whilst it's a bit of a 'wrench' I really need to stop hoarding and let it go!

I'm pretty sure I paid £400 all those years ago, so lets try it at £350 plus shipping. I'd much, much prefer collection if you can do it - I'm not far from Guildford.

Comes with a so-so hard case.

Thanks for looking - BTW I'm away this weekend so if I don't get immediately back to you, that will be why.

Edited by sgt-pluck

• 2 months later...

After playing bass in a high school band back in 1988/89, decided to get back 3 years ago... and I'm boosting! Now, with 45, I'm starting to have gigs all over and having so much fun - and I want my very first model bass back... yes, the Ibanez Blazer bass. So... is it still for sale? What's its condition, its faults? Thanks and groove a lot!
BTW, Pictures? Can't see them - I want the natural wood model.

Edited by Francis Lisbon