Why become a member? ×

Tokai Jazz Sound 1984 +SOLD+
£550

Hutton

I have for sale my 1984 Tokai Jazz Sound (JB50) in Red (Candy Apple I think) with Matching Headstock. This is a '62 reissue' and therefore has a threaded saddle bridge. This is an extremely nice Jazz Bass built in Japan from an era when the Tokai was an exact copy of the Fender Jazz in that the headstock is the same as a Fender as opposed to the more modern Tokai offering. A rather nice touch is the colour-coded matching headstock which in my opinion sets off the bass very nicely.

This bass is all original and in superb condition for a 33 year old instrument. It is difficult to find any marks on this bass. There are one or two very small marks which cannot really be photographed. I only mention them for the sake of transparency.

The bass has had a pro setup by Graeme Mennie of Kinellar Guitars and is currently strung with a new set of Thomastik Flatwounds.

The bass will come in a generic hardcase. One corner of the case has a slight crack in it (see photo). UPDATE: The crack has since been repaired with superglue and boot polish. The bass will be well packed in its case and cardboard box.

The asking price includes delivery to the UK. I am not looking for any trades although I might just entertain a Fender Precision if the price and type is right.

Edited by Hutton

• 2 weeks later...