Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz 1977 in need of resoldering

So, my beloved 1977 Jazz had EMG's and EMG controls, went to play it the other week after moving to Derbyshire and it's not working.

Tried replacing the battery and checking all solderless connections were correct. Still nothing.

One of the cables has buckled rather badly underneath the bridge pickup so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it.

Anyway after my move recently I seem to of misplaced my soldering iron and was wondering if anyone could help a fellow BC'er out...I still have all the original electronics for my 1977, the pickups just need soldering to the pots and the grounding plates need soldering together....

Im absolutely skint but would be happy to provide tea, biscuits and a good chat about basses....

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Cheers
C

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1493840499' post='3291222']
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/277468-bcers-prepared-to-help-fix-a-bass/
Looks like there are some in your new area!
[/quote]

Would do it meself, but can't find my soldering iron for the life of me! Typical!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='RickyV' timestamp='1495911463' post='3307543']
Of course, you could go and buy a new soldering iron! :) The one I use cost me £13.
[/quote]

Just re-read the original post and saw the bit about being skint!! Just ignore me!!