Why become a member? ×

NAD carvin mb10 microbass

Elfrasho

Bought from our very own walbassist, i took delivery today of this wee bad boy.

Not gigging at the moment and having a 1 bedroom flat dont mix too well if you want to have a lot of gear. So my thoughts were to selling all and consolidate. This (along with a 1x10 cab which has yet to be decided on) was the solution. This on its own is small and tidy enough to keep in the flat, it has everything you want from a practice amp, but will also double as my main gigging amp when connected to a 2nd cab.

It's rated on its own at 200w and 250w with extension cab. But as we all know it's not just the increase in watts... It's about the increase in speaker area.

I've only just been able to crank it slightly but it seems to have a decent amount of balls on its own. Thhe compressor is a bit rubbish and the adjustable tweeter will almost certainly be constantly switched off but the EQ seems pretty powerful. The low mid and high mid points are sweepable so should be able to find a sweet point. There's a knob named 'contour' which allows to get a right good scooped 'slap' type tone, which sounds pretty nice , but i would imagine this will need to be dialed down when playing with others.

Absolutely brilliant build quality, i must say. It's also small and light enough to carry (like a briefcase) so making it a 'one trip from car' load in.

Obviously it's now all down to how loud does it go in a band setting. I'll be realistic and say i doubt that on its own it'll stand up, but fingers crossed it'll work nicely as a stage Monitor or a decent mini rig when coupled with a extension cab!

I have the big brother BX500 head and using a 2x10 cab I haven't been able to go more than 9 o'clock without my guitar player complaining and that's in a gig. Those amps are extremely loud and their sound is nothing less than fantastic. I'm sure it'll be able to cope with any band.

• 1 month later...

+ 1 Love for the Carvin Amps. I love my GK700RB-II, but this little Amp is also Killer. With the Fender Neo 112 Cab perfect for practicing at Home or as a Mini Rig @ the Acoustic Band. Would like to see what happens, if I add another 112 Neo cab.

[attachment=248314:20170629-P6290108.jpg]