Why become a member? ×

Hello from Cheshire

Aesc

Hello

I am Ash.
I started off a bassist, also play guitars of various stringage now, and play basses of various stringage too.
I don't really know how to list all my various styles of playing, it's rather varied.
Most recently I bought a 7 string Ibanez Geetar to scratch my meshuggah learning itch (I like the amount of concentration involved in counting it all out. Like Tool and their crazy time signatures)
Don't get me misjudged though, you want me to whack out some lovely classic Swan Lake then I can do that too. Want some Primus... Pretty much spent my teens emulating Claypool.

Currently half way through restoring possibly the worst bass I have ever played. It's neck is made from unsanded tree trunk, the pickups where held up with folded paper, it was terrible. The string spacing was all wrong and bridge is off centre. Hopefully when it's done I shall share it here. As the neck is so terrible (like 2.5 inches thick at the first fret????) it's a nice opportunity to have a go at rasping the neck to my own profile as intend to eventually start making my own guitars and basses.

Real Life... I design/build Mass Spectrometers. (Physicist by trade)

So that's me, Hello to you all, (again, as I did have a profile here many years ago as a young'n)

Cheers

Edited by Aesc

Welcome Ash,

No idea what a Mass Spectrometer is but I guess it's pretty complicated....

Given that, it sounds like you have the right skills and mindset for your bass rebuild project though, so good luck with that and enjoy your time here on BC!

Nik