Why become a member? ×

Noisy DHA VT1 MK3

I guys need a bit of help please I recently bought one of the above pedals off of the forum used but I am having problems with the noise it makes I have only just started to use it as I was waiting for the correct 12V power supply to arrive, the problem I am having is that on most settings I get a low to moderate like white noise when using it and when I use the boost feature I get like a high pitched whistle so is not really very usable I have tried it in my effects loop in front of the amp and with no other pedals and still get the same results I have used the pad knob on the back of the unit but it really has not helped and I have also run the unit in conjunction with a Boss NS2 which really helps but is not curing the problem. I know valve pedals do generate a bit of noise but never had this before and all my other pedals work a treat also there is no electrical interference coming from anything else so I am a bit stumped any ideas fellas? thanks

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1494180962' post='3293859']
Bugger the tube in it gives off a faint dim blueish almost purply light is that normal spose I will have to fork out for a new tube to try that then Cheers
[/quote]

Yes that can be normal.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1494191140' post='3293956']
Well new tube ordered will update the thread when I fit it :)
[/quote]

won't be the tube, power supply every time. worst case is that someone has plugged a power supply in with a higher voltage than 12VDC and damaged the voltage doubler circuit and caused to to change frequency to something you can hear, seen that before.

[quote name='DHA' timestamp='1494257374' post='3294412']

won't be the tube, power supply every time. worst case is that someone has plugged a power supply in with a higher voltage than 12VDC and damaged the voltage doubler circuit and caused to to change frequency to something you can hear, seen that before.
[/quote]Yay the man himself thanks for the answer Dave so what do you think my best course of action should be thanks in advance and also do you know how much this will cost to fix as I might contact the guy I bought the unit from to see what he says Cheers

Edited by Thunderbird

Well just a little update the unit is now fixed it turned out to be a bad valve it was cracked and I would like to add that the guy who I bought the unit from has been great he said if it wasn't the valve he would pay the repair costs so I'm glad it was a pretty cheap fix as I would not like to see anyone out of pocket

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1494863111' post='3299123']
Well just a little update the unit is now fixed it turned out to be a bad valve it was cracked and I would like to add that the guy who I bought the unit from has been great he said if it wasn't the valve he would pay the repair costs so I'm glad it was a pretty cheap fix as I would not like to see anyone out of pocket
[/quote]

Yay I was right lol.
Glad you got it fixed.