Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Limited Edition guitar valve tweed combo
£475

Hello,

NOW SOLD

I'm selling one of my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Limited Edition guitar valve amps – I have two of these lacquered tweed beauties, which is surplus even to my requirements these days.

It's a 1x12, 40w valve amp, with reverb, three gain settings (clean, drive and more drive), bass/mid/treble/presence, bright switch, effects loop, and complete with two-button footswitch, vinyl dust cover etc.

They use three 12AX7 preamp tubes, and two 6L6 power tubes. You'll have seen a lot of these amps on festival stages as they're great mid-sized amps which do go really loud.

This one is part of a rare limited edition run which were made about 10 years ago, featuring an upgraded Jensen P12n speaker instead of the Eminence Legend which was standard at the time. Having owned both, the P12n alnico speaker to me sounds a lot louder, brighter and more responsive than the standard Eminence Legend.

The Jensen P12n alone would be about £129 to buy new as an upgraded speaker.

These amps also are a great blank canvas for pedals as there's a lot of clean headroom on offer. I normally play through the clean channel using a Mooer Hustle Drive for gain, which gives some great sounds, and then switching to the drive channel for a boost in volume and overdrive.

The whole thing is in clean, very good condition – I've never actually got round to gigging this one, and have only used it a handful of times at home. There are a couple of small marks on the tweed lacquer n the back of amp which I've tried to show in last pic.

Running two of these amps together sounds awesome but is just too much for me to ever foreseeably need.

I owned the older 1990s American-made version of this years ago – a Fender Blues Deluxe – which was a great amp, and although this model (and all current ones) are made in Mexico, to me it seems just as well made, and with the Jensen P12n speaker, significantly ballsier and better sounding.

Given the size/weight, I'm not willing to post it, so collection or meet up would be vastly preferable. I'm willing to travel a bit if needed for a sale. I'm in Leicester.

Looking for £425 which is £50 off the original listing price - I need this gone so it's priced to sell.

Edited by bassbiscuits