Why become a member? ×

Hard Case for Burns Bison

AScars

I'm looking for a case for my Burns Bison Bass. It's a modern one which I bought used but didn't come with a case. I've been using a large soft case that I just happened to have and it just about fits it if I try hard. But... I think that I should just get a hard case to avoid it getting damaged whilst in the back of a van or so.

I know that Hiscox makes a case large enough with a similarly large price but really I'd prefer a rectangular case. I have seen some pictures of Bisons in such a case but don't know what those cases are. Does anybody here have any ideas on cases that can fit a Bison that isn't the Hiscox EBP-STD. Always nice to have choices. :o)

Thanks in advanced.

Hi, Burns make very nice silver cases...but I had a burns 12 string guitar and in practice I found the larger cases a total pain to lug around, fit in vehicles etc.....just saying. :)

Edited by Pinball

personally i've gone the other way, i got rid of my rectangular cases and bought Hiscox ones, if it's the price that is the issue then they come up secondhand all the time, i've usually paid about 50 quid for them, (currently have about 8 for various guitars and basses)

i have found that the Hiscox ones usually fit better than the rectangular ones unless you add lots of padding to stop the bass from sliding around.

Matt

It's a bit the price but then at the same time I usually prefer to have rectangular cases so that when on the road if it's just for a couple of days I can also put some clothes in the case by both sides of the neck etc. But you're right that they do come up for sale all the time. problem is that the ones that I have usually seen for sale are the standard size which won't fit the large sized Bison.

I also get what Pinball is saying about them being a bit of a pain to lug around but I really do love the Bison so kinda feel like it's worth it. I am considering getting a short scale bass too but trying to decide which. I like the Thunderbird as a 4th bass but would like to try out the Gibson and Epiphone side by side before stumping up the cash. Have been up to a few guitar shops over the last few months but they have never had both in stock to try out at the time that I have been there. Always been either/or and sometime neither.

Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can track down one of those Burns cases Pinball mentioned. Is it that one I have included in that picture there?

Thanks.

Edited by AScars

[quote name='AScars' timestamp='1494510612' post='3296623']

Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can track down one of those Burns cases Pinball mentioned. Is it that one I have included in that picture there?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Yep that's the one I was thinking of, nice cases but mark quite easily. Bisons are great so it is well worth you getting sorted out. A head turner of a bass too IMHO.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...