Why become a member? ×

New Jack Casady ltd anniversary edition, cherry red flame maple top

dannybuoy

Always wanted to try one of these, so this is tempting! Specs look like it has a J-width nut this time too, even better.

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/2017/Ltd-Ed-20th-Anniversary-Jack-Casady-Bass-Outfit.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfALj52cVow

I thought it looked great. I like gold top finishes but I never went wild on the finish on the original JC bass. I wound up selling mine on. This is much more up my street, although because I have the Hofner verythin long scale bass in cherry, I wouldn't entertain buying one myself. A hit for me though.

edited for mistyping hit as bit!

Edited by Burrito

I am so tempted by this, but I if it really has a narrower nut, that MIGHT put me off. I pay Jazz basses, but prefer my Precisions and JCB. The chunky neck is an integral part of the character of these basses for me.

I highly doubt that they've changed the neck specifications. It's made to Jack Casady's specifications for 20 years and suddenly he/they decide that the neck's too chunky? Seems unlikely considering how involved he was in the design and how he's been using them professionally ever since.

This bass is so lovely to me that for a fleeting moment I considered selling up all my other basses so I could collect a JC Sig of every finish which has been made available.

Then I gave myself a slap. This one is neat looking though, I might be tempted to grab one just for the anniversary-ness of it all to sit next to my oh-so-sparkly blue royale one.

• 4 months later...