Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£1000

monkey_dancer

Hi,

I've got this amazing vigier excess fretless, with metal fingerboard. It plays beautifully but unfortunately I just can't quite get myself to like active pickups enough.

The bass:

2 pickups
controls: volume, pan between pickups, 2 band active EQ.

The knobs have little clicky indents at the middle positions which is really great to know where they're set and find a neutral tone setting without looking.

The neck is medium thickness, great fast finish. The metal fingerboard is phenomenal, beautiful to play on and sounds lovely.

There are a few little dents and scratches etc on the body as you'd expect with a used bass but they are very hard to see due to the black paint. I tried to take photos where they'd show up but struggled. Great condition overall. Only thing noticeable without looking very closely indeed is a bit of a bubbling effect in the bridge finish, which was like this when I got it and hasn't changed since. I'm not actually sure how old this is but it's clearly been treated well, I think from what I remember I was told when I bought it that I'm just the second owner. It's been gigged a fair few times but I'm very very gentle with it.

I'm based in Manchester, but I have a car and I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance to deliver. Would prefer to meet in the middle if possible in that situation.

Looking for £900 but willing to negotiate a little bit on price.

[attachment=245296:IMAG0278.jpg]
[attachment=245297:IMAG0272.jpg]
[attachment=245298:IMAG0273.jpg]
[attachment=245299:IMAG0276.jpg]
[attachment=245300:IMAG0277.jpg]
[attachment=245302:IMAG0279.jpg]
[attachment=245303:IMAG0280.jpg]

Let me know if you have any offers! :)

Edited by monkey_dancer

These delta metal fingerboard from Vigier are trully amazing basses, but the pickups are totally passive Benedetti's (THE French pickup maker).

I had 3 of them in the 3 different makes, just great basses, nothing is wrong and they have plenty of mwah.

Too bad they only make them in 4 strings !

Have a free bump on me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...