Why become a member? ×

Greetings lakeside from Geneva

Mikamaka

Hello to all. Happy to be here.

I am a newcomer to bass, having played guitar and drums since school (more than 25 years). I am starting out the road to discovering how music really is built and how harmony and rhythm actually do work together, after having been mostly a rhythm guitarist for the better part of the past 20 years.

Equipment-wise I am an absolute beginner (yes, big Bowie fan) with a Fender Squier modified Jaguar shortscale (soon to be replaced by a full-fledged bass) and an Ampeg BA110 amp.

I am not very much into effects for the bass, having gone way mad with effects for the guitar. Still discovering the full landscape of sounds and textures from bass, so taking it one step at a time.

I still play guitar and treasure my 1996 Strat Plus, but think of myself as a bass player that does occasional guitar now.

Happy to meet you all and looking forward to stimulating exchanges.

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1494849174' post='3298928']
Welcome... You must be very rich to live lakeside :D Can we all come over and party?
[/quote]

I wish!!! I am a lowly consultant for one of the UN organisations, so far from rich... unless you mean groove-rich! :D :P ;)

But lakeside is a prime location for gigs, particularly in summertime. Welcome to come and visit!

Edited by Mikamaka

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1495441137' post='3303652']
Do you have much smoke on the water ? :-)
[/quote]

On occasion, particularly at the end of winter, on the 1st of August and at the end of the Geneva festival. Plenty of fireworks and burning straw-men on the lake, so yes, definitely smoke on the water then. Not much the rest of the year though.