Why become a member? ×

Alternatives to Guitarpro

Trueno

I used to like Guitarpro, but for complicated reasons I don't have it any more... changed my computer, lost my reference number, guitarpro won't answer my emails...
Any decent cheap or free alternatives? Or maybe good reasons why I should buy the full version again.
No you tube suggestions though... can't get on with a video of a guy showing me stuff... don't know why.
Cheers.

I don't know guitarpro but depending on what you want to learn, and how you like to study, BassGuru is pretty good for short lessons which are packed full of material. I came across the site whilst looking for Tom Kennedy instructional material, and I bought the Tom Kennedy packs, and initially I thought the videos were too short, but with the attached practice material they cover so much ground that after 2 weeks I've still not got past the first video.

So it depends on what works best for you, if you need everything clearly spelled out and shown in minute detail, it may not be ideal, but if you want something compact that covers a great deal in a short burst, I can recommend it.

Project C, completely different thing you are talking about here dude. You mean lessons e.t.c and OP is talking about software.

Back in the day I used to use TabToolKit, but not sure if it is even running now days. Was super handy.

Is it for scores or just for tabs?

Thanks for the replies. I should have been more specific in the op. I'm mostly after tabs plus playalong (if possible).... like guitarpro ( as I remember it, at least). Wouldn't be averse to some lesson-y stuff to get back up to speed. I don't gig any more, so I was thinking of making up a "set list from hell" and blasting along to it as the fancy takes. I don't want to spend much time challenging my technique or anything... I've had enough of that sort of pain over the years.
All recommendations will be checked out.