Why become a member? ×

Aguilar TH350 with Markbass CMD 102P speakers

logicred

Hi all, I have a MarkBass CMD102P combo (which is the Combo Head 2 amp and 2x10 speakers). I also have a matching Markbass 1x15 extension cabinet. After hearing an Aguilar Tone Hammer setup (I think with a 1x12 cab) I thought it sounded much better.

I will shortly be taking deliver of a Aguilar TH350 amp only, but before I buy a 1x12 cab I was wondering if I can use the amp to drive the 2x10 or 1x15 Markbass speakers? The 1x15 has the speakon connector, but the 2x10 cab has a 1/4 connector which looks as though it won't fit in the back of the TH350.

Thanks.

[quote name='logicred' timestamp='1494853348' post='3298986']
The 350 only has one speaker out that I can see.
[/quote]

Sorry I misread and thought it was a 500. Even still if the cans have two connections you should be able to daisy chain them. Don't know the Markbass cabs but most other cans have two connectors...

I'd imagine so. My knowledge comes unstuck as soon as people start talking about impedance but I think problems only occur when driving cabs that are too small with an overly powerful amp.
Hopefully someone a bit more tech savvy will chime in with the specifics but I'd say daisy-chaining would work a treat. I used to daisy chain my two SL112's out of my old Warwick LWA100 with no issues. Got a TH500 now so don't have to do that anymore...

You can indeed daisy chain two 8 ohm cabs to a TH350. The TH350 can handle that and will be able to deliver its full power.

Only use one of these setups:[list]
[*]1x 8 ohm cab (175 W)
[*]2x 8 ohm cab (350 W)
[*]1x 4 ohm cab (350 W)
[/list]
I had my TH350 hooked up to 2x 4x8" cabs. Works well! I keep the TH350 as backup since I have a GK Fusion 550.

Edited by Treb