Why become a member? ×

SOLD Warwick Thumb NT6 - gloss black '90
£1400

roman_sub

[color=#000000]Warwick Thumb NT6 bass, from Warwick's golden days. [/color][color=#000000]Hand-made in 1990 in Western Germany. I have owned this for about 3 years, but alas, my needs have changed and this beast has to go![/color]

[color=#000000]Electrics feature Seymour Duncan Basslines pickups and Warwick 2 band preamp (with active / passive push-pull pot). [/color][color=#000000]Schaller strap locks attachments are installed.[/color]
[color=#000000]All hardware is original, as far as I know. Wenge / bubinga woods combination, with wenge fretboard.[/color]

[color=#000000]Great low action, and the truss rod works well. Bronze frets are in decent shape.[/color] [color=#000000]Restrung with £50 La Bella steel roundwound strings just prior to sale.[/color]

[color=#000000]There are scratches due normal use; please note the lacquer chip next to one of the frets - but this one doesn't affect playability. There is also a surface scratch on top horn, but it doesn't look to have gone through to the wood.[/color] I added a photo that's me trying to make it as visible as possible (flash and all) - you can hardly see in the other photos.... It is a 27-year old instrument, after all :-)

[color=#000000]The actual finish is the rare gloss-black polish(slightly blue tint), but with wood grain still visible underneath. I believe a set of 3 Thumbs were made like this, for a 1990 trade show.[/color]

[color=#000000]Comes with Warwick rockbag.[/color] Bass is heavy, but sounds incredible (two sides of the wood choices, I suppose). There's the famous warwick growl on low notes, and piano-like sustain on the high notes.

[color=#000000]Meet-up in Wimbledon / Central London preferred. I don't want to post this bass and risk it being smashed! I may be able to meet half-way if you are driving down, within reason....[/color]

I've included other photos I took of the bass, inside / outside - hopefuly to compensate for my lack of photography skills....

Edited by roman_sub

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...