Why become a member? ×

Help, TC Electronics Toneprint App for Corona Chorus

blue

First, find the appropriate tone prints in the app for you pedal. [size=4]Select the specific tone print you want to try from the list available for your particular pedal - there are different tone prints for the full sized pedals and the mini versions, so double check that you have selected the correct pedal within the app. [/size]

Next, switch off any other pedals in your signal chain, but make sure that the chorus is on.

If your bass has more than one pickup, solo one of them (it doesn't matter which on my jazz) and make sure your basses volume control is on full.

Point the phones speaker towards the pickup, holding your mobile as close to the pickup as you can. It gets a bit noisy but don't worry about that. Tap the button on the app that is marked "beam to pedal" or something like that. You'll hear what sounds like an old dial up modem noise for a couple of seconds and the red light on the pedal will flash green a few times. Once pedal light reverts back to being constantly red, that's it, you're done. From beaming the tone print to being able to use it takes no more than a few seconds.

Rinse and repeat to try another tone print!

Edited by Osiris

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1495004148' post='3300276']
Make sure the volume is up on your phone too.

It took me longer than it should have to work out that bit... :blush:
[/quote]

Oh yes, I forgot to add that :lol:

[quote name='Osiris' timestamp='1495001924' post='3300250']
First, find the appropriate tone prints in the app for you pedal. [size=4]Select the specific tone print you want to try from the list available for your particular pedal - there are different tone prints for the full sized pedals and the mini versions, so double check that you have selected the correct pedal within the app. [/size]

Next, switch off any other pedals in your signal chain, but make sure that the chorus is on.

If your bass has more than one pickup, solo one of them (it doesn't matter which on my jazz) and make sure your basses volume control is on full.

Point the phones speaker towards the pickup, holding your mobile as close to the pickup as you can. It gets a bit noisy but don't worry about that. Tap the button on the app that is marked "beam to pedal" or something like that. You'll hear what sounds like an old dial up modem noise for a couple of seconds and the red light on the pedal will flash green a few times. Once pedal light reverts back to being constantly red, that's it, you're done. From beaming the tone print to being able to use it takes no more than a few seconds.

Rinse and repeat to try another tone print!
[/quote]

Thanks Osiris & Bartel

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1495120643' post='3301451']
Just a quick question! If you have the TC Corona,could you use a toneprint from the Vortex pedal so you can have chorus/flanger on one pedal?
[/quote]

No idea, maybe try it and see?
My guess is that it wouldn't load - just don't blame me if it kills the pedal :D

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1495414521' post='3303566']
Works like a charm. The trick is finding pre-sets you can apply to your work.

Blue
[/quote][size=4][quote name='blue' timestamp='1495414521' post='3303566'][/size]
Works like a charm. The trick is finding pre-sets you can apply to your work.

Blue
[/quote]

That's good to hear.

I don't have the Corona chorus pedal although it looks great, but I recently picked up a TCE Spectracomp and have been having great fun trying out the different tone prints to see which ones work well for me.

[quote name='Osiris' timestamp='1495432693' post='3303586']
[size=4]

That's good to hear.

I don't have the Corona chorus pedal although it looks great, but I recently picked up a TCE Spectracomp and have been having great fun trying out the different tone prints to see which ones work well for me.
[/quote]

I have the Corona Chorus, Mini Delay and Hall Of Fame Reverb.

Remember to save the pre-sets you like as favorites.

Blue

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question! If you have the TC Corona,could you use a toneprint from the Vortex pedal so you can have chorus/flanger on one pedal? 😁
[/quote]

Nope... Doesn't work. Just got a Corona tried it with a vortex toneprint. Doesn't load. Didn't expect it to but no harm in trying! 😀

However, the recently released SCF flanger toneprint for the Corona is a very nice subtle flanger... Can probably get it a bit more extreme with a few twiddles on the knobs.

Edited by gs_triumph

That's a bit of a shame. I have a Trinity T2 reverb and Hall of Fame TonePrints work with it.

Edit: I suppose they are both the same "type" of effect though so it makes a bit more sense...

Edited by CameronJ

Just a quick question! If you have the TC Corona,could you use a toneprint from the Vortex pedal so you can have chorus/flanger on one pedal?
[/quote]

Buy the DreamScape, job's a good'un - and boy is it a great sounding pedal!

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1498848808' post='3327594']
That's a bit of a shame. I have a Trinity T2 reverb and Hall of Fame TonePrints work with it.

Edit: I suppose they are both the same "type" of effect though so it makes a bit more sense...
[/quote]

Some Toneprints are indeed designed to work on like for like pedals - for example the Brian May Chorus works on both the Corona and Dreamscape pedals.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any Coronoa toneprints they really like? I've loaded the Nathan East preset onto mine and I love it, it's very subtle and musical with a lot of depth and quality. It really brings out a different sound to the basic chorus mode.

I also love the method of beaming toneprints to the pedal! Great fun.