Why become a member? ×

PMT's Hartke blowout

paul_5

Slightly galling to get an email because I bought all my Hartke gear from them about 6 months ago! However a 1x15 XL cab for 150 quid is a total bargain. Pretty tempted. £200 for an LH500 is just stupid cheap - even with the annoying effects loop. Almost worth buying a second one and going stereo, but my back won't take it.

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1495180843' post='3301840']
Keep checking these. Is Hartke a good brand?
[/quote]

I'd say out of the sale, the LH500 is a steal!

They make solid bass gear IMO...and the LH500 is a great amp. I used one for backline for a small your and it sounded great.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1495185014' post='3301902']

I'd say out of the sale, the LH500 is a steal!

They make solid bass gear IMO...and the LH500 is a great amp. I used one for backline for a small your and it sounded great.
[/quote]

Do you think that if paired up with Hartke vx410 it would make a good rig?

Thanks for posting that I popped down and tried out and bought the [color=#2D1C2B][font=titilliumregular_upright, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]Hartke HK-TX600 600W Lightweight Bass Amp Head which will be my lightweight backup head. Then on the way home I called a mate who runs a rehearsal studio and I sold him my Peavey tour450 head so this new amp will only need to find a few quid from my back pocket. :-)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#2D1C2B][font=titilliumregular_upright, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=4]I thought it sounded good with my bass and even though there are not a lot of tone controls on it, my bass doesn't need it so it should be fine. I think it has some fixed predesigned tone as some sounds I can get easily from my bass using my main bass rig just were not even coming through on this amp.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1495196305' post='3302059']
Definitely - do it! The LH500 is fecking superb.
[/quote]

Mine turned up today. Looks better in the flesh than the pics. Haven`t had a chance to plug it in but it looks and feels like a good bit of kit. And a steal at £200.

Only prob with the LH500 (and I have one) is the DI tap is pre-effects loop. I assume it's a money saving decision, but it does restrict the usefulness of the loop. Sound wise I'm totally happy though and at 200 quid, it's a total bargain. I don't care about fancy tone controls. I run it flat. I just wish I had somewhere to store a 1x15 XL cab since they are practically giving them away.

Edited by radiophonic

From an old BC thread on the 3 band EQ of the LH series amps:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]"Remember that the LH-1000 has a "tone stack" EQ and the flat reference setting is bass 3, mids 10, treble 0. Setting all the controls at noon will give you a scooped midrange sound. Read the manual and you will get the idea. There are only three knobs so set them where they sound good for you and your bass!"[/font][/color]