Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Ashdown ABM1000 - PRICE DROP! £400
£499

[b]8/6/17 - PRICE DROP TO £400.[/b]

Up for Sale or trade is my Ashdown ABM1000.

For those who don't know about these, they are basically the EVO3 preamp, paired with a 1000w digital power section. They were all made in the UK. Each individually signed and dated on the internal chassis.

According to Mark Gooday, they are actually capable of something more like 1450w, but had their volume and bottom end tamed in testing due to the fact that they destroyed some 8x10 cabs!!!

All in all a beast of an Amp, just over the top for my needs and I find myself increasingly being amp-less on stage these days anyway so am predominantly using my TC BH250 as a DI and in-ears.

To that end, I would straight trade this for a TC RH750, or, for a BH800/550 with cash my way.

For full disclosure, the amp did have to go back to Ashdown, after falling in our Van. Was a simple repair to the power amp, no parts replaced, just something had got dislodged and needed re-attaching, was sent to ashdown on a Monday and received back by Thursday the same week......the amp works perfectly and reliability has not been affected, I gigged it for some time after receiving back with no issues.

Comes with a padded slip cover, from 'Hotcovers' I think...

Here's the only pic I can find at the moment, with it sitting atop a pair of super compacts.

[attachment=245531:IMG_3063.JPG]

More pictures can be taken depending on interest.

Size is standard Ashdown ABM [color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]H x W x D (mm) 134 X 474 X 315[/size][/font][/color], weight a very conservative 9.6kg.

Here's the Ashdown web page for it - [url="http://ashdownmusic.com/products/1/bass/18/Legacy/21/ABM1000/"]http://ashdownmusic....acy/21/ABM1000/[/url]

I'm based in the Bridgend area of South Wales but am always willing to travel.

I have a box so shipping is also an option..

See my feedback below and Thanks for looking!

Edited by LewisK1975

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...