Why become a member? ×

Gr55 vs v bass

Tripehound

Maybe, they both have unique functions.

The VB has pretty decent upright modelling, the synth section is much more comprehensive and the routing and effects sections are more independently controllable.

The GR has PCM tones, the VB does not. The bass to MIDI on the GR is much better.

It's horses for courses really, depends what you need and how you're going to use it.

Edited by NoirBass

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1495201126' post='3302111']
Maybe, they both have unique functions.

The VB has pretty decent upright modelling, the synth section is much more comprehensive and the routing and effects sections are more independently controllable.

The GR has PCM tones, the VB does not. The bass to MIDI on the GR is much better.

It's horses for courses really, depends what you need and how you're going to use it.
[/quote]

Absolutely this !

I seem to have a better " feel " of the original Vbass

Gary

I used to have a V-Bass and loved it to bits, and about two years ago I upgraded to the VB99. As Noirbass says it's a really 'routeable' system, in fact it's the hub of my office music/audio/bass system.

I recently bought a GR20 and US20 splitter box to play both at once, I must admit the PCM sounds in the GR20 are great fun.