Why become a member? ×

-

Jus Lukin

no personal experience, but my guitarist uses his for looped percussion (lots of percussive, deep, bassy sounds from his acoustic) and it performs extremely well...

I have a Digitech Jamman Express XT myself and I can't fault it, if you're willing to consider alternatives...

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1495106713' post='3301293']
Does anyone know how well the TC Electronics Ditto Looper handles bass?

I have the Harley Benton version, and while it is fine with higher notes and chords, playing a full-on bass line with it is too much for it to handle. It doesn't 'distort' in the usual sense of the word, but rather ends up somewhat 'bit-crushed'.

I rarely use a looper, so this is hardly a big deal, but I'd like to know if I can keep the simple functionality and tiny footprint without 8-bit sizzle on my deep lines!

Cheers!
[/quote]

I don't have a problem with headroom with my ditto looper but if you increase the volume of the pedal, it does start to colour the tone and get a bit mushy/woolly which I don't like.

As a result, I bought a Mooer Micro Looper to try and it kicks the arse off the ditto. The tone and quality of the recording coming out is much closer to what goes in and the initial recording time is 30 minutes (not 5 like the ditto), so it's really useful for recording ideas at rehearsals and storing it in the looper!

http://www.mooeraudio.com/?product/201410164920.html

I keep breaking loopers... :blink:

I had 2x dittos go weird with getting a loop stuck in the memory and refusing to record anything else... One even held on to the loop somehow and was still playing it when I took it back to the shop and they plugged it in.

My Boss RC-1 has also gone wrong... half the display keeps disapearing and it randomly stops recording / gets stuck in a loop and won't cancel it.

I've had worse luck with loopers than anything else I've bought in my life :blink:

Perhaps I'll try the mooer...

Edited by CamdenRob