Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£400

TomRandles97

I bought this bass through here in November but unexpected bills have led me to sell it, regrettably. Bound maple neck, rosewood fretboard with block inlays, I'm unsure of the origin of the neck but it's pretty comfortable. Body is from a 1989 Japanese Squier, made of walnut I believe. Body is pretty worn here and there, which I suppose is expected of a nearly 30 year old bass. Pickups are Nordstrand big splits - These sound absolutely huge.

Delivery options are the same as with the Fender I've got up for sale currently: I can meet within reason but pick up is preferred. I can't get the bass couriered for a few weeks but will if absolutely necessary. Cash only, no trades thanks.

This is a truly special instrument, at least to me. I can't imagine a better fretless sound than this bass.

[attachment=245562:OsUtm7a.jpg][attachment=245563:awJIC9z.jpg][attachment=245564:XGNC9di.jpg][attachment=245997:18716774_1299388443511581_474354857_n.jpg]

Edited by TomRandles97

[quote name='reggieboomboom' timestamp='1495736488' post='3306273']
Can you send a pic of the fret board close up? Was it a pro defret?
[/quote]

I've added a photo to the original post, hopefully it shows what you need to know. I know little of the neck, the defretting job seems to be pretty good, some of the material used to fill in the frets has spilt slightly into the grain of the fingerboard but it's not too noticeable and I actually think it looks quite nice. I don't think it's a pro defret but it appears whoever did it did a decent job. There's some wear to the board as you'd expect of a fretless instrument but nothing major, everything seems to be in good nick to me :)