Why become a member? ×

Studio One 3 and finding my Apollo twin

krispn

Ok so my buddy gave me an activation code for S1-3

One of my other bands have sent me a bunch of drum stems and I'd like to mess about with mixing the drums and bass for my own learning and practice. My problem is I'm not sure where I find the Apollo to add it as an effects insert or add it to a bus? I use these terms but not entirely sure I know wha I'm talking about but I have an idea that this is how I would add the Apollo to Studio One.

Am I on the right tracks or do I need to do something with Apollo's Console?

Advice appreciated!

I should maybe try and explain this better

Can I use the Apollo twin as an insert or in the FX patch in Studio One 3

I think I've seent his done on Logix etc but not sure how to. I can add an fx patch within Studio One and add their eq's comps etc but I don't seen to be able to insert the apollo and it's powerful plug ins. I'm sure it's pretty simple - I recall doing this with Garagreband ages ago with guitar plug ins?

Thanks for joining in......It's not a hardware issue ...I'll try and explain it better...( I had added screen shots but i can't add them to the post? saying post too short?)

[i]I should start by saying everthing is connected via Thunderbolt and its all software based stuff I'm trying to figure out even though the Aopllo is a hardware unit. I wish to apply the Apollo's magic to pre-recorded tracks. I can record with the Apollo no problem, everthing works well and exactly as it should when recording direct.[/i]

OK so when I'm using Studio One DAW I want to add the apollo's processing power to eq some drum stems. I was under the impression I could 'insert' the apollo into a fx chain or somehow 'apply it to a track which has the drum on it' for instance using the Apollo's Neve pre amp on the over-head mic's. I thought I may be able to add the apollo here under the inserts but it's not appearing as an option I'm unable to figure out how to - I'm not sure I can.

Studio One (like most DAWs) also has a browser feature where you can drag and drop virtual synths, fx patches etc into a traqck, its where I find my ez drummer vst and just drag and drop into a new track to add my drums. I was hoping that the Apollo would appear in the browser and I could simply apply it to any given channel but its not an option thats immediately available to me. I may be approaching this from the wrong direction so as ever some guidance is appreciated.

The other option in running the drum stem into the Apollo 'Console' (their virtual desk), adding the eq then recording that back Studio but I'm unsure where/what I need to select to do it.
I've been at work so not really had time to sit down and give this hours of my time but will have Monday off to get indepth with it all.

Edited by krispn

There is a vendor plugin within ST1 V3 called 'Pipeline'.
Using Pipeline is the usual procedure when using external hardware FX.
It helps with controlling latency and phase issues.

You can't drag the Apollo fx straight into the 'bin', because it is not a VST or VST'i.
Try looking at this short Presonus video, it might explain things.
(On anther note, I think Presonus are just about to release an update,
one of the issues addressed is the high CPU use and spiking that is affecting a lot of folks).

http://youtu.be/q_gweD57AQk

Edited by lowdown