Why become a member? ×

NCD Just ordered a Super Compact

FinnDave

It'll be a few weeks, but I've just ordered a Barefaced Super Compact, and will be buying myself a small amp to go with it (small as in lacking bulk, rather than low in power). I've been a very happy Barefaced user for the past 4 years, but for some gigs, my Super Twin is just a bit big, so I end taking one of my Ashdown combos, but I struggle to carry even a small combo due to my damaged hand.

So, once it's here and I've bought an amp to suit it (thinking Ashdown Rootmaster 500 at the moment) and as well as suiting small gigs, they will act as back-ups on larger gigs. I might use them all together on much larger gigs!

I am assured the cab will be with me in 'just a few weeks', so long as it's less wait than Super Twin was, which was ordered before the Gen 3 range had been announced.

One the new kit's up and running, expect to see a couple of Ashdown combos for sale!

Good move.

I use 1 or 2 SC's depending on the gig.

Last week I did a gig with the keyboard player I sold my Berg AE112's to, and I checked out their weight. 30lbs each used to be light but now seems way too heavy.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1495220512' post='3302304']
Good move.

I use 1 or 2 SC's depending on the gig.

[/quote]

Everything dictates I should go that route - flexibility, ease of transport, redundancy, and more. But I simply can't bring myself to sell my lovely Super Twin - especially as it is the first production model.

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1495218402' post='3302289']
I love the Super Compact, my favourite cab ever. And paired with a Rootmaster I can guarantee sonic joy and happiness :)
[/quote]

Good to hear I'm heading in the right direction :)

Cheers, Lozz, I am 99% I'll be getting one of these amps when the new cab is ready. Had a gig in Oxford the other day, small stage and not too much volume were the instructions, so we took minimum gear, in my case just an Ashdown EB 180 1x12 combo, and I still struggled to carry it because of my damaged hand, so it is going to have to be light weight all the way. I am sure the Super Compact would work well with on of my ABM heads, but that would kind of defeat the object of a small and light rig.

Just got to wait for the call to get myself down to Brighton again :)