Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Yamaha BB425 black excellent condition NOW £250
£275

Paul S

I bought this new 6 months ago as a back up bass but was blown away by the quality, playability and tone - all of which are way above the price point. Strong B string. I liked it so much I upgraded to an 80s BB5000, which cost me around £1K more. Is it £1K better? No - but it is better so it is the one I am keeping :) This really is a terrific bass - I don't think you could get a better 5 string for this money.

Weighs 4.5kg, neck is slim for a 5er at 43mm at the nut, spacing is 18mm at the bridge. A few surface scratches, nothing to speak of. Full disclosure - I fitted Hipshot Ultralite tuners and so this has an extra screw hole for each at the back of the headstock. You can't see these with then original tuners fitted back. Passive electrics with vol and tone controls, P/J pickups selected by a toggle switch. Tone is huge - deep and organic like a good Precision bass. Both pups give exactly what you would expect from a PJ - burpy and cutting through. Bridge pup is honky but not too nasal. Neck is a joy - rosewood board with mother of toilet seat inlays.

[s]£275[/s] £250 collected from southeast Essex, £25 for fully insured overnight courier to mainland UK.

[attachment=245618:BB425a.jpg] [attachment=245619:BB425b.jpg] [attachment=245620:BB425c.jpg] [attachment=245621:BB425d.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

This bass is still here? :o
Fab bass for the money
have a free bump, cos it's such a nice bass for that sort of money, and Paul is a great guy to deal with :)

Edited by Marc S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...