Why become a member? ×

Aguilar Tonehammer di out into mbox 2 xlr mic input

DanH71

Hi

Is it possible to take a di feed from the Aguilar Tonehammer 350 using male xlr into the female xlr input of the mbox 2 mic input?

Speakon output is available at the back, so I guess a speakon to 1/4 jack (if such a thing exists) would be another way to get the audio through the mbox 2 and into my pc..

Any help would be appreciated

Dan

Hi Krispin and thanks for the reply.

The Aguilar only has one output and that's the speakon connection. So it's not like I can run a line input into my mbox 2 interrace 1/4 " jack input. But are you saying I can just run the DI out from my head into the xlr mic input of the interface?

Thanks
Dan

[quote name='DanH71' timestamp='1495271188' post='3302562']...The Aguilar only has one output...
[/quote]

Not so..! Your Aguilar has a DI output, which does exactly what you want. Your Mbox 2 has a 'Line' input, but it's a 1/4" 'TRS' jack, not an XLR. There is also a DI input, with a 'normal' 1/4" jack. All you need, then, is a correctly-wired XLR-TRS jack cable to connect the 'Line In', or an XLR-Jack cable to connect to the 'DI In'. Your local music shop will have either of these, or our very own OBBM can supply them, I'm sure.
In any case, DO NOT CONNECT ANYTHING BUT A CAB TO THE SPEAKON output; this can (and probably will..!) damage both the Mbox and the Aguilar..!
'DI Out' to 'Line In' or 'DI In' and you're good to go. Good luck, and happy recordings.
Hope this helps.

Edited by Dad3353

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='DanH71' timestamp='1495301283' post='3302858']
Hah cheers krispin. I'm a little slow on the up take sometimes ;)
[/quote]

yeah all those connectors look confusing til you get the hang of it

to quote the great George Costanza when caught peeing in the gym shower " IT'S ALL PIPES !"

Edited by bazztard