Why become a member? ×

Hi from Inverness

Rainbowbat

Hello!
I am new on here, haven't played bass since school, but really enjoyed it and want to come back to it properly once my course is over (3 weeks counting! :D). Looking for advice on good beginners guitars and amps that aren't really expensive (~£100-£150). Will happily take second hand, so long as it still works well ;)
R.

Welcome to Basschat. Good luck finding an amp. Should be plenty of second hand one to choose from. I suppose you want something that would be suitable for gigging as well as home practice?

When I'm not playing bass I like to ride my motorbike. I toured Scotland last year and have fond memories of riding the A9 from Inverness one morning during an almighty rain storm. It was like the lights had been turned off and a waterfall appeared.

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1495655627' post='3305713']
Welcome to Basschat. Good luck finding an amp. Should be plenty of second hand one to choose from. I suppose you want something that would be suitable for gigging as well as home practice?

When I'm not playing bass I like to ride my motorbike. I toured Scotland last year and have fond memories of riding the A9 from Inverness one morning during an almighty rain storm. It was like the lights had been turned off and a waterfall appeared.
[/quote]

Sounds about right around here! :D

There's some cracking roads around here.

Hi, and welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll find a vast wealth of knowledge and guidance on here. With regard to bass guitars, I think that for the price range you are speaking of that Squier would certainly be worth a look at, you should be able to pick up a second hand precision or jazz bass and as a Sqier jazz owner myself I can vouch for the quality in that price range.
Good luck with your return to bass playing and please keep us informed of your progress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...