Why become a member? ×

just got a Future impact pedal, tracking is absolute ****, can;t change programs is it a DUD?

zawinul

Dear Bassheads

After lots of reviews etc decided to order a Future Impact

Straight out of box, the bank buttons done;t seem to function so i can;t find bank 0-9 for instance, plus you have to turn about 3 buttons to even change a patch

worse thing is the TRACKING, is so terrible, even if playing quite slowly and making sure I play with 100% precisions

Is my unit a DUD>

Anyone else had these problems???

one of two sounds were great but if its got 'problems; it will have to go back

ADvice please?

I have not experienced these issues.

As with any pedal which changes the sound to something else (Boss OC2 and Korg G5 in my experience) there has to be an element of technique change sometimes - I see it as playing a new instrument.

Some sounds track alot better than others... the bank changes by using the rotary button next to the screen in.

Like most bass synth and envelope type effects, you need to play to the sound and effect, not just turn it on and play as normal. I found the level of the input being set right for your bass/playing attack makes a big difference.

Well to me it just a very very expensive cold sounding envelope filter... the bank change buttons do not function on my box and tracking is so poor its just utterly depressing ...

its going back,,plus you can;t play more than one note on it... slides etc

Its a NO from me, just shows you need to try something before you buy!!!

would rather get a Moog filter pedal, phaser, env filter etc.. analog all the way from now on

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1495449092' post='3303729']
I have not experienced these issues.

As with any pedal which changes the sound to something else (Boss OC2 and Korg G5 in my experience) there has to be an element of technique change sometimes - I see it as playing a new instrument.
[/quote]

technique yeah you have to play at glacial slowness and mute every string except the one being played... its so sensitive to any sort of vibration on another string, glitchy piece of crap!!1

record your playing with and without the FI, we might be able to tell if its the actual unit or maybe your playing? As others have said, these types of pedals take a bit to get used to and you cant play what you would normally play. its a skill, might just be a matter of practicing.

Sounds like a dud I was watching YouTube videos on this earlier and some of the people were playing quite hard and the unit sounded great why not exchange for another one before you decide its sh*te then you will know for sure

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1495472698' post='3303996']
Sounds like a dud I was watching YouTube videos on this earlier and some of the people were playing quite hard and the unit sounded great why not exchange for another one before you decide its sh*te then you will know for sure
[/quote]

Yes I've heard a lot of review videos and it sounds great. Mine sounds like a turd...plus it won't change programs properly...keeps jumping around. .it's defoe faulty...I ordered from Thomann in Germany don't want a replacement. Just get rid and buy an EHX blurst or something

[quote name='Iacopo San' timestamp='1495495992' post='3304275']
This seems to be just new from EH.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgfj1aophTo"]https://www.youtube....h?v=rgfj1aophTo[/url]
[/quote]
Its good - but doesn't track that low. A I think.

Had my Future impact about 3 months now. No issues at all with tracking, easy to navigate between patches and sounds killer. Yours sounds like its possibly a dud.

I know this is a stupid question and I'm not questioning your ability to operate it but when changing bank are you depressing the Edit/Bank Up knob firmly whilst turning? Have you got the Parameter knob pointing directly at one of the parameters (if its pointing between two different parameters it will flicker a bit). Finally, and I genuinely not trying to ask daft questions, have you set the input gain right? If i set mine and then adjust vol / eq on the bass it can affect how well it tracks. The usual 2 green lights coming on with the odd flash of the red on louder notes is fine.

Finally have you connected with midi to a pc? Might be worth trying a factory reset.

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1495536594' post='3304489'] Had my Future impact about 3 months now. No issues at all with tracking, easy to navigate between patches and sounds killer. Yours sounds like its possibly a dud. I know this is a stupid question and I'm not questioning your ability to operate it but when changing bank are you depressing the Edit/Bank Up knob firmly whilst turning? Have you got the Parameter knob pointing directly at one of the parameters (if its pointing between two different parameters it will flicker a bit). Finally, and I genuinely not trying to ask daft questions, have you set the input gain right? If i set mine and then adjust vol / eq on the bass it can affect how well it tracks. The usual 2 green lights coming on with the odd flash of the red on louder notes is fine. Finally have you connected with midi to a pc? Might be worth trying a factory reset. [/quote]

Sorry didn;t see this before i decided to send it back, i tried everything to get banks 0-9, just could'nt do it! i adjusted all the gain levels etc... played for quite a while and rarely did I manage a clean run without some kind of glitch, any slight string vibration etc... i think i would rather just use a fuzz pedal and envelope filter to get a synth type sound, it snot something i will use all the time anyway...

i'm sure with a fully prefect unit its great but the whole experience left me numb. I'm got a Deep Mind 12 for synth duties anyway, just have to learn to bloody play keyboards!!!