Why become a member? ×

ACG Recurve 4 String - SOLD
£1100

eude

[b]SOLD.[/b]

It's with a heavy heart that I'm putting my ACG Recurve 4 string up for sale.
I have a baby on the way in July and a new ACG 6 string fretless following afterwards, so the one in - one out policy is going to have to be respected more so than ever, for basses at least!

Here's the bass on Alan's site >> [url="http://archive.acguitars.co.uk/portfolio/0204-recurve-4-short-scale/"]http://archive.acgui...-4-short-scale/[/url]

The bass is a nice mix of ACG's modern, considered design and fancy wood specs, with a more traditional yet extremely flexible electronics set up.
It has a 31.5" scale, which makes for an extremely playable and comfortable instrument without any shortcomings whatsoever.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ACG Recurve DC 4 String Custom[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]31.5” scale[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Black Limba body with Kingwood top[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ash/Wenge/Ash neck with flat Wenge fingerboard[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Asymmetrical[/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] neck profile[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Super comfy 36mm nut width[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ACG B Series PB (split coil) pickup at the neck/mid position, OSB (overwound single coil) pickup at the bridge[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Custom ACG/East Preamp with 4 way rotary pickup selector switch and active/passive rotary switch[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hipshot Type B bridge with 19mm spacing[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gotoh GB720 tuners[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Currently fitted with Newtone strings (will ship with a set of D'Addario [/font][/color]EXL160M Nickels)
It comes with a £150 worth of Fusion F1 Hybrid Gigbag

And here's some lovely pics...

Looking for £1100 ono, absolutely no trades please.
Any questions, you know where to find me!

Forgot to add, the bass is in South London, willing to ship at buyer's expense.

Eude

Edited by eude

[quote name='rockdog' timestamp='1495468837' post='3303954']
Wow, lovely - what is the weight please?
[/quote]

Thanks mate!
Its definitely sub 8 lbs. I'll weigh it tonight.

Cheers,
Eude

Lovely. Could you explain the knobs and eq bit more please. Is it an East 3-band SPM-01 modular setup with internal freq selection? Does it have a pickup balance control or is it just a selector switch? What are the 4 pickup selector settings? Thanks

Edited by ikay

This is a great bass and I can only imagine how much of a wrench it will be for young Mr Eude (who is a top banana btw for those who may not know him).

[quote name='rockdog' timestamp='1495468837' post='3303954']
Wow, lovely - what is the weight please?
[/quote]

OK mate, it's sitting just over 7.5 lbs on my bathroom scales. They won't be bang on accurate, but its definitely sub 8 lbs.

Eude

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1495474463' post='3304029']
Lovely. Could you explain the knobs and eq bit more please. Is it an East 3-band SPM-01 modular setup with internal freq selection? Does it have a pickup balance control or is it just a selector switch? What are the 4 pickup selector settings? Thanks
[/quote]
[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1495526827' post='3304392']
Sorry, just seen on the ACG website that the preamp is a P-Retro. The 4-way switch is presumably bridge / neck / series / parallel?
[/quote]

Yup, you've pretty much answered your own question here.
It's a P-Retro, but it's tweaked a little to ACG's spec.
The first stack is Volume/Tone, with a pull pot for bass boost (which you can set internally).
Second stack is a very clever cut/boost control on top, with a frequency selector which allows you to select bass and treble, or mid frequencies, this also has a pull pot for treble boost (again settings can be altered internally).
Third control is a 4 way selector - Neck, Neck and Bridge in Series (Ballsy as all hell), Neck and Bridge in Parallel (Articulate), and Bridge.
Fourth control is a 2 way rotary switch to select active/passive. In passive mode you can still use the tone control.

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='skb558' timestamp='1495475488' post='3304044']
That is another beauty from Alan. Do you have any sound samples? Keen to hear how the short scale sounds.
[/quote]

I recorded some a while back, but I can't find them, if I can't lay my hands on them I'll do some more. Patience Daniel Son, Focus Power...

Eude

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1495475980' post='3304051']
Beautiful bass, GLWTS
[/quote]
[quote name='scrumpymike' timestamp='1495481658' post='3304115']
That's a stunner!
[/quote]

Thanks guys!
Eude

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1495522971' post='3304351']
This is a great bass and I can only imagine how much of a wrench it will be for young Mr Eude (who is a top banana btw for those who may not know him).
[/quote]

Thank you mate!
I wonder if I can get "Top Banana" on my business cards!

Eude

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1495565348' post='3304924']
I've played this and it sounded supreme!!

Si
[/quote]

Thanks buddy!

[quote name='skelf' timestamp='1495570082' post='3305004']
For what it is worth I really liked that one.
[/quote]

Yup, sad to see it go, but the rules must be respected :(

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1495528035' post='3304409']
Thank you mate!
I wonder if I can get "Top Banana" on my business cards!

Eude
[/quote]

JFDI; easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. In evidence I can confirm that I'm still breathing, although now walking with a severe limp.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1495625942' post='3305366']
JFDI; easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. In evidence I can confirm that I'm still breathing, although now walking with a severe limp.
[/quote]

Ha ha!
I once had "Señor Designer" printed on my work business cards, rather than "Senior Designer", my boss checked them and OK'd the print job. I got away with it too for about 3 months!

Eude