Why become a member? ×

Greetings from The Forest of Dean

The_Rodster

Hello Bass chatters,

I've just joined up and thought I ought to introduce myself as seems custom round here.

I started playing bass in the early 90's. I'd originally been a rhythm guitarist but a lack of bass players in the local area coupled with a copious amount of Newcastle Brown Ale one evening sealed my fate.

I switched from being in bands playing original material to covers bands around 2002 and have never looked back as I found I like the experience of seeing an audience dance all night and then getting paid.

I mainly play Gibson Thunderbirds although I also have Epiphone, Rickenbacker, Vox, Washburn, Ibanez, and a Dobro basses lurking in the house. I've been experimenting with different pickups in my Thunderbirds, and the Thunderbucker 66s are currently in the lead.

Amp wise I've used Peavey, Carlsbro, Fender, Hartke, Marshall. I finally thought I'd found the sound I was after when I got a 90's Ampeg V4BH but I've just discovered a liking for Orange!

Cheers
Rod

Hi Rod, where in the Forest are you from? I hail from Cinderford (the heart of the Forest, regardless of what those b*stards in Coleford say!).

Incredibly beautiful area, and a place I would encourage anyone to visit, incredible for walking, cycling and biking. My parents still live there and I go back regularly. Live in Bristol now.

In the late 90s there used to be a good little pub scene in the area. Seems to have died down a bit, but always a rowdy crowd!

Hi Rod,

Welcome to Basschat. I'm sure you'll meet lots of like minded folk here, and don't be afraid to chip in with advice, experience and knowledge, as well as asking questions. Plenty of friendly folk on here.

I'm a South Walian myself, but have spent a bit of time in the Forest. It is indeed, a beautiful area.
Happy playing

Marc