Why become a member? ×

EBS Pedals... removing that bloody foam!

gs_triumph

Hey guys,

I'm sure EBS has the best backing on pedals in terms of them being used stand alone on the floor but they are a pain on pedal board.

I bought most of my pedals used off here so most had Velcro already attached, and the foam already removed. However I have had a reshuffle and am left with a selection of pedals without Velcro that need attaching to my pedal train board.

Any one got any tips for removing the foam off the back of EBS pedals in order to attach Velcro?

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1495543199' post='3304588']
Couldn't you just attach the velcro to the foam?
[/quote]

It will make a right mess of the foam if you remove the velcro at a later date. Be aware of that and resale value of the pedal.

Bloomin' daft idea the foam isn't it?

I bought some branded velcro with extra strong adhesive and attached it directly to the foam. It seems to be holding. Only time will tell.

Like I said, if you use the pedals on the floor they are very stable and don't move at all on carpet or smooth flooring... But it is a pain when using them on a pedal board.

Good to see they've switched to rubber feet on the newer pedals

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1495795529' post='3306654']

It will make a right mess of the foam if you remove the velcro at a later date. Be aware of that and resale value of the pedal.

Bloomin' daft idea the foam isn't it?
[/quote]

I was going to fix my Sheehan pedal to the pedalboard today. In two minds now!

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1495799242' post='3306701']
I was going to fix my Sheehan pedal to the pedalboard today. In two minds now!
[/quote]
Personally, if you are worried about such things, I'd get a thin piece of wood and cable tie it to the bottom of the pedal... and fix the velcro to the wood.... or you could screw the wood into the existing screw holes if you want to avoid cable ties.