Why become a member? ×

MarkBass Minimark - daft design feature

Rocker

My Minimark has a speaker out jack. Labelled 8 Ohms. Plugging in an external speaker switches off the internal speakers. Daft, utterly daft. Lucky the Minimark has a DI out, this can go to the PA but an extra speaker would be useful if it worked in conjunction with the internal speakers

The block diagram in the manual suggests the speaker on/off switch disables both the internal speaker and external speaker socket. I've had my 801 hooked up to another cab without losing sound from the internal, and there's nothing to suggest the 802 works any differently...

Just checked on my Minimark (802, the 801 is a Micromark but poissibly the same), and the only way I can switch off the host speaker as the OP describes, is if the 'speaker on/off switch is activated to 'off'.
Otherwise, when I connect to my NYC121, both the host 802 and slave (NYC121) are working.
RTM?

Edited by yorks5stringer

Thanks guys. I must try it with the speaker switch set to on. I don't have a 4*12 cab but the 12" Eminence Alpha speaker I connected the Minimark to sounded peaky and far removed from the sound of the Minimark's speakers. I just wanted more of the Minimark sound. Hopefully the DI to the PA will give that.