Why become a member? ×

Would you ever perform starkers like Nick Oliveri used to

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1495792714' post='3306605']
No.

But I have taken my cock out on occasion, during a big showy bass solo. :)

Frank.
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui38tcP6Ow0

I would have no problem being naked in the right setting where it would not be unexpected, like an event arranged by naturists or for some daft arty thing where nudity was part of the performance. At an ordinary gig where the audience might not be into the idea, not so much.

Edited by Beer of the Bass

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1495802013' post='3306727']
I would have no problem being naked in the right setting where it would not be unexpected, like an event arranged by naturists or for some daft arty thing where nudity was part of the performance. At an ordinary gig where the audience might not be into the idea, not so much.
[/quote]

Exactly this!

Probably not ideal for any gig I've ever done to be honest, but I'd have no problem in the right setting - at least it would be quite cool and breezy onstage for once.

My band's called Naked Bass, so I do get asked this from time to time :D

My usual answer is that all things are negotiable.......:lol:

In fairnes, I suspect the question is asked more often when my dep is playing, as he's quite a handsome man :lol:

I was surprised at how often this occurs. I don't think I'd perform nude even with my past experience of nude beaches and clubs though.

At my age it's simply not socially acceptable. I used to change out of motorcycle leathers into office slacks every morning at my desk at work. No nudity, just boxer shorts. It was treated lightly by my co workers and didn't cause any upset until I reached my mid thirties.

Then it was a source for complaint. I was a little surprised when my manager said he thought it was trivial but that he had to ask me to change in the toilet because of a complaint from someone in the office. The toilet was not a great prospect after the factory night shift had "inhabited" it. I was not allowed to know who had complained but over time it came back to me that it was a homosexual chappie two desks over from me!

I was expecting it to be one of the women. When I found out, I had to laugh. Not even the blokes found me acceptable to look at in my shorts any more. He should see me now.

I once had to strip to my underwear behind a curtain with about 5 people the other side but that's as close as I've got.

It was a charity show based on a Stars in Their Eyes theme. I had to walk on stage wearing Emma Bunton's clothes and say I was going to perform as her. I then had to go behind the curtain to get ready for my performance.

Emma was waiting for me there wearing some of my clothes and we both had to strip quickly and swap clothes.

She was lovely and great fun to work with - plus she got to see me in my boxers which I'm sure was a great thrill for her . . . 😂