Why become a member? ×

£350 to spend on an amp...what would you choose

Oldfartback

Top of my list would probably be one of the new Fender Rumbles. They are cheap, loud and very light. I'm sure you could get a 500 watt one for £350 secondhand.

I played through the 100 watt version and it kept up with a drumkit pretty well.

I'm sure there are many satisfied Rumble owners on Basschat, who will agree.

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1495962017' post='3307730']
Hartke sale on PMT that was posted somewhere on this thread £199 for a LH500 head. - head and cab for about £350. Worth a look
[/quote]

Op mentioned he wanted a mid-type sound so I don't think this would work for him. Although I loved mine, and that would be a great set-up for 350 cabbage.

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1495828244' post='3306965']
Top of my list would probably be one of the new Fender Rumbles. They are cheap, loud and very light. I'm sure you could get a 500 watt one for £350 secondhand.

I played through the 100 watt version and it kept up with a drumkit pretty well.

I'm sure there are many satisfied Rumble owners on Basschat, who will agree.
[/quote]
I agree. I tested my 100w Rumble at home on half volume and it was far too loud for my hearing. I don't gig so can't comment whether it would keep up with rest of band.

I found the Fender Rumble 500 combo untameably middy for my liking (I like the scooped Trace Elliot preshape!) so that probably fits the bill ok.

Edited by Paul S