Why become a member? ×

Greetings from Indiana, USA

Caseyj

I have been playing Bass since the early 90's. I mainly play jam band stuff, classic rock, hard rock, and some metal music. Very interested in hearing a different point of view on bass playing from Basschat members.

My gear; Ibanez 5 strings SR405
SR505
SR1305e
Fender Squier P Bass
Epiphone Les Paul Standard bass
Peavey fretless

Amps Hartke HA5000, HA5500 Hartke 4.5 XL cab, Hartke 115 cab
Fender Rumble V3 500 combo 2x10
pedals: Zoom B3, TC Electronics Flanger, Digitech Bass driver, Hardwire Delay, Behringer bass overdrive, Line 6 wireless
Korg pitchblack rack tuner

And it's welcome from me too. Nice collection of bass gear you have there! I'm a big Ibanez fan although haven't got anything at the moment except the old Musician that's on long-term (permanent?!) loan to my son. My most recent was a TMB30 short scale (s-s is all I play now) that was unbelievable value for money. Never really got into the Hartke stuff though, and the brand doesn't seem to be in a good place nowadays, certainly in the UK. What is it you like about their stuff?

Thanks @Grangur, and @scrumpymike. I dig the Hartke stuff because I get nothing but compliments on how clear/clean it sounds, and how it cuts right through the mix. Also, you can buy it used here in the States for very little money. Although I could afford more expensive equipment, there is no need to go that route. I am starting to lean towards my Fender Rumble setup, due to the light weight.
Cheers, Jason

Welcome from the UK. Nice to have a transatlantic cousin onboard. With regard to Ibanez, my only experience was with a Rickenfaker which i owned from the mid 70s to mid 90s and it was great (ive got a 4003 now!) What do you think of the Squier? I bought a Vintage modified Jazz and i think it is awesome value for money (or even more money)
Hope you enjoy your time on the forum with the brits 😊