Why become a member? ×

Peterbuilt Jazz - New frets and J-Retro

CamdenRob

I've had this Peterbuilt Jazz for a couple of years now (essentially an Allparts build with a custom finish). It started it's life fretless but I have a Wal fretless six due imminently so rather than have it collecting dust I thought I'd drop it into The Gallery for fretting and a J-Retro.

Very pleased with the results :) The J-Retro and the DiMarzio 123s seem a good match. Bass sounds as it did in passive mode but has loads of extra punch and sparkle available in active mode.

Wonderful piece of bass gear by John East (www.east-uk.com). I have a DJ-Retro in my Lakland DJ4 which is the same preamp on a curved plate. Check out his stuff. Highly recommended! Edited by Treb

Above all it is very very yellow... it was even brighter when I first got it but it's mellowed a little over the last couple of years.

Peter has a great eye for detail though, most of his stuff is old car colours.

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1495914419' post='3307568']
How are the top markers on the neck, are they on the notes or center fret? No probs anyway now it's fretted but just curious.
[/quote]

The edge markers are centre of fret fortunately, It was lined fretless before, just looks like a normal fretted bass now :)

I considered getting blocks put in as well but thought I'd just get these bits done to start with.