Why become a member? ×

Line 6 Variax 6 string plus pod x3 live pedal board, £300 the pair
£340

I purchased this guitar as my pod X3 live board has a direct Variax connector so you can plug the guitar directly to the board with a cat5 cable and all the guitar power is taken care off. I am currently playing in 2 function bands and so I have no time for recording or fiddling about. The Variax is a black 300 model [url="http://uk.line6.com/legacy/variax300/"]http://uk.line6.com/legacy/variax300/[/url]
No whammy bar on this model. In fair nick a couple of small marks but essentially sound, I have used it at home twice. If you just wanted the guitar, there is a battery compartment but I also have the box that you can attach a PSU and connect to the guitar with a stereo lead, the mono goes to your amp. The modelling of different guitars is really good.
The effects board is the pod X3 live and is a combination of line 6 modelling for both guitar and bass, very powerful tool, which again for the stuff I'm doing is overkill. For both together £300. £170 each if seperate.
If you buy together I'll throw in a small practice amp. There is also a gator case for the foot board.
Collection preferred from Milton Keynes but I am a field service engineer so get around a fair bit.

Edited by walbassuk

Could you trigger moddled bass sounds from the x3 with with this setup? Set it up to behave like a 6 string bass through an amp? Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I have never looked at variax stuff.

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1496004610' post='3308089']
Could you trigger moddled bass sounds from the x3 with with this setup? Set it up to behave like a 6 string bass through an amp? Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I have never looked at variax stuff.
[/quote]

Unfortunately not, the modelled instruments for guitar and bass are exclusive to the specific Variax. You'd need a Variax Bass 700 to use the bass models. That said, the POD X3 is a great unit for bass and the added Variax 300 would give you great scope for 6 string guitar too.

Edited by NoirBass

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='owen' timestamp='1496004610' post='3308089']
Set it up to behave like a 6 string bass through an amp?
[/quote]
Absolutely yes. If you get hold of a copy of the software that goes with it, you can transpose it down an octave, very straight forward. You can also experiment with pickup choice and placement, though you don't get bass pickups there are a lot of things you can do with it. Very versatile.

• 4 weeks later...