Why become a member? ×

Strings. Some REALLY fat strings, low F# stuff. 42" octave below standard 4 string. Stop laughing.
£30000

Do you open your string drawer and find things that you just have no idea what they are?

I[s] have a full set of lightly used ('broken in") TI flats. Nothing unusual there. Also in the pack I have a brand new G and a brand new D. I have no idea where they came from and why I would buy individual strings. There is also a used B there. £30 all in or £22 + individuals[/s]

I also have a batch of strings which I have been hoarding for the moment when I will take on the world with bottom F#. I now know that this is not going to happen so there is no point in hoarding, They are a hotchpotch.

One is 36" from ball end to nut and is fat. It has no silks (used - as in strung up but perhaps 30 minute max playing time) (possibly .165) - £8

One is the same length but is even fatter. It could be used as a towrope if pushed (used - as in strung up but perhaps 30 minute max playing time) (possibly .195) - £9 cos it is fatter

One is a 148 and is new. £12

The other 2 are Kalium and made for Dingwal bods and are ( I think) .158. Both are unused. £10 each

A set of Newtone strings (round core, nickel wrap) made for me for 42" scale length ocatve below standard EADG - I wanted to try ultra low on my NS EUB. I got the scale length wrong. Stop laughing - it is not funny. I have no idea what use these could be, but there are some strange folk out there! £30

[s]2nd hand set of Roto Tru Bass black plastic wound string, cut for Fender £20[/s]

All + £2.53 postage.

Edited by owen