Why become a member? ×

Soundcraft Spirit FX8 mixer with Lexicon effects - SOLD!
£125

Selling my Soundcraft Spirit FX8 mixing desk.
It's in excellent working order. It has just a few cosmetic marks and has one knob missing (which I didn't realise)
and one knob not original,but they are readily available for less than a pound . It has had the original power supply
hard wired into the unit, as the unusual factory connection on these were notoriously a weak link, so definitely
an improvement.
This is a top quality desk, made in the UK to a high standard. Definitely better than others like Behringer / Mackie etc,
and will last for years. They were originally over £500 new I believe, so an excellent buy at this price.

Mixer is near Hull in East Yorkshire, and I would greatly prefer collection or a meet up somewhere. However,
I will post if necessary - no idea of the cost right now, but would imagine £20 would easily cover it as it's not
that bulky / heavy. PM me for more pics. Cheers. [b]NOW SOLD THANKS![/b]

Full manufacturer's spec here -

These days there's simply no excuse for a live mixer to give anything away to a studio mixer in terms of audio quality. With its combination of live and recording-oriented features, plus all the usual benefits, the FX8 is ideal for both stage and studio use, and is particularly suitable for live recording.
FX8 is a flexible 4-bus mixer capable of producing Digital sound quality for both live and recording applications. It features a specially designed 16 program Lexicon Effects Section with dual effect capability (including Chorus and Reverb, Chorus and Delay , and Reverb and Delay) and fully editable and storable programs and parameters., The console itself includes 8 mic/line inputs and 18 inputs to mix in total (including 4 stereo inputs and tape return to mix). In addition to the mix outs, two sub-buses allow groups of instruments to be sent to multitrack, to additional speakers, or sub-grouped to mix. FX8's 8 Direct Outs are individually fader pre-post switchable so they are equally useful for recording in the studio or at a gig.
All FX8's 8 mic/line inputs are equipped with UltraMic™ preamp which provides a full 60dB of gain range and +22dBu of headroom, meaning that the FX8 input stage can handle virtually any mic or line device. In the EQ section, a "truly British 3-band EQ" with swept mid benefits from custom designed pots which give greater control across carefully chosen frequencies. There are 2 Auxiliary Sends, including a dedicated Lexicon effects send, 1 pre-fade send and 1 pre/post-fader selectable send which is equally useful as an extra foldback send in monitor-heavy live applications, or as an effects send in studio mixdown situations. In addition, there are four Stereo inputs, a separate Mono Sum Output and 2 Subgroup Outputs.
100mm faders are used throughout, giving more accurate control during complex mixes than standard 60mm designs, and all pots have been custom designed to give even and consistent response around their entire sweep. The use of the latest PCB surface mount technology means that FX8 fits all of these features into a rugged, compact frame which can be optionally rack-mounted into a 10U space.
Applications:
Live Sound:
Bands, Small Venues, Clubs, Conferences, Schools, Houses of Worship
Studio Recording:
Digital/Analogue Multitracking (8 track), Small/Home Studios, Pre-/Post-Production • 18 inputs as standard

Key Features:
8 mono channels with high quality UltraMic™ pre-amps
4 stereo inputs
4-bus architecture, with sub-group routable to mix
Direct outputs from channels 1 to 8 for multitrack recording
Direct outputs can be switched globally pre- or post-fade
Inserts on all mono channels
Inserts on stereo mix bus
3-band 'British' EQ with swept mid-band
Stereo 18dB/octave 100Hz high-pass filter to cut stage rumble
+48V phantom power
Channel On switch fur Mute control