Why become a member? ×

Shuker Horn 5 String Bass for Sale 5A Burl Maple (Withdrawn)
£1300

Risk101

Seen something I'm after, and as I have a custom Shuker on order, I need one to go or I'll never make the next wedding anniversary! Lovely hand-built bass by Jon Shuker in excellent condition (9/10). If you're familiar with Jon's work you will know it is top notch. Summary details:

- 34" scale with 17.35mm string spacing (adjustable) at bridge
- Seymour Duncan pickups and EQ with pull/push for "slap" tone
- Schaller adjustable bridge and Gotoh tuners
- Beautiful 5A Burl Maple top over Alder body and stunning flame maple fingerboard
- weighs around 8 1/2 lb, so light for a 5 stringa
[color=#FF0000]- Now also with Shuker hard case made by Hiscox.[/color]

Had the bass around 18 months from new and it has never let me down. Lovely tone and silent electronics. PM me if you are interested.

Looking for [s]£1,300[/s] or sensible offers. [color=#b22222][b]Price drop to £1,200 - please drop me a PM if interested before I change my mind ![/b][/color]

David

PS - you can still see this bass on Jon's website at [url="http://www.shukerguitars.co.uk/bassstock.html"]http://www.shukergui.../bassstock.html[/url]

Edited by Risk101

Mid-week bump and [b] P[/b][b]rice Drop :gas:[/b][b] :gas: Now £1,200[/b]

I'm likely to change my mind as it is such a lovely bass to play (it has new Elixir strings fitted by the way) so contact me asap if interested !!

So this is the last bump (I think!) I'm keen to make an offer on an MTD 635 so [b]will consider sensible offers[/b]. The Shuker basses are lovely pieces of kit and I know you won't be disappointed. Its been my main "workhorse" for nearly two years. Thanks for looking.

I've been asked about string spacing as Jon's website says 17mm. The bridge is a fantastic piece of engineering and is adjustable so it's set at [s]18[/s]mm but I believe can go from 17-19mm but I think 19mm might be too tight to the neck edge. I'll try and add a photo! [color=#ff0000](NB - see later - the string spacing is actually set at 17.35mm (or maybe 17.5mm)[/color]

Edited by Risk101

Hi there, no I've not adusted it - that's how it came. (Not easy to measure and tell difference between 17/17.5/18mm to be honest). If you click on the last picture in the earlier post of the bridge and "zoom in" you can see that each bridge piece is held in place in a slotted opening by an Allen-Key head. So you just loosen, slide, and re-tighten! personally I think these Schaller bridges are a work of art, so I've specified the same bridge on my new bass. Hope that helps.
Cheers
Dave

I think actually looking at your picture that is a 17mm spacing, because your measurement of the first string is over to the left of the string. Generally easier to just measure from the center of the 1st to the centre of the 5th and divide by 4!

It is a thing of beauty though isn't it. I knew nothing about them until I saw the green uberhorn at the LBGS this year and fell in love with that (if not the price). Would have been better to not see this.

Hope someone buys it soon or you take it down before it starts nagging at me!

Ha, ha, thanks - That's a useful measuring tip (why didn't I think of that?!) I happen to have it with me at work today for a session with the legendary Ian King at the Savoy Theatre this evening - just measured it very carefully and total distance is 69.5mm which equals spacing of 17.35mm !

Thanks, and I'll amend the main post too

Dave

PS - forgot to mention it comes with a Shuker Hard Case made by Hiscox in tip top condition

Edited by Risk101

Thanks Rolf - shipping to Germany not a problem and no VAT or Duties to worry about. Regret no sound samples though...it is very versatile and the three band EQ plus the pull/up on the volume gives a "slap" tone...Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly sold it but buyer had to withdraw 😥 Part of me was quite pleased, but there are a couple of things I have my eye on and the new Shuker should be finished soon. So drop me a note via PM if you're interested. Sensible offers always considered!
Cheers
Dave