Why become a member? ×

Old pro playing again after 16 year break!

musicbassman

I’m 64. I first started playing bass in 1969 – first bass was a [b]Danelectro Longhorn[/b]!

I moved to London and worked professionally from 1973 – 1978. No one famous, just played in numerous different bands of all styles to pay the rent.

I bought a [b]’62 Jazz Bass[/b] in 1974 and a [b]’63 Precision [/b]in 1975 – they could be had for about £150 at the time. Later I moved onto playing top end functions and similar – earnt good money from this over the years. Had a [b]Musicman 5 string[/b] by then. Finally stopped gigging in 2001 – I’d had enough of the late nights and dragging equipment around. I seriously reckon I must have done well over a thousand gigs in my 30 years of regular working.

Now after a 16 year break and retired from my regular day job I’m taking up playing again just for pleasure – so looking for a rehearsal band or similar in West Sussex, arranging material to a high standard. I think I've kept up to date musically over the years and I'm a big fan of current favourites such as Michael League and Tim Lefebvre.

I bought a new [b]JV Precision in 1982[/b] – one of the very first - these had a Fender logo – and I’ve kept this tucked away all these years so this will now be my main instrument.

Best wishes to all.

• 1 month later...