Why become a member? ×

Breakfast at tiffanys

T-Bay

Does anyone have decentbtabs for breakfast at Tiffany's? It's a simple song but I can'tseem to pull the bass out of the song and the two sets of tabs I have found seem wrong when I play them. Any help gratefully received.

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1496344525' post='3310768']
I know it's not a tab, but the singer was the bass player and featured quite heavily playing bass in the video (on the back of a truck iirc)
[/quote]
Thanks will take a look, being trying to get it off an old cd I have, looked on YouTube for bass covers as they can be helpful but only one on there and I am not convinced it's close.

That has helped a bit and with listening to it about thirty times one after another I think I have it. All the tabs have an octave of the first D (at G7) as the second note but I can't hear that. If I miss that out I can get a working bassline.

I used to play this. I've just looked up my old notes and this is what I found. My bass playing has come along significantly since, so this tab may well be incomplete and/or wrong., but it might just help you.

Intro
|------7-----------|
|------------------|
|--5---------------| X 4
|-----------7--5--|

Verse
|------7-----------|------7----------|------7----------|------------------|
|------------------|------------------|------------------|---------5-6-7--|
|--5---------------| --5-------------|---5-------------|-5-5-------------| X 2
|-----------7--5--|------------7-5--|-----------7-5--|------------------|

Chorus
|------7-----------|
|------------------|
|--5------5-------| X ?
|-------------5-7-|

• 1 month later...

Just wing it m8 , it's not the greatest bass line so I use to spice it up with some fills to fill the song out a bit but I like to spice things up a bit but don't get me started on that one has I like to put guitarists in their place , ha ha ,good song tho

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1500113435' post='3335684']
Just wing it m8 , it's not the greatest bass line so I use to spice it up with some fills to fill the song out a bit but I like to spice things up a bit but don't get me started on that one has I like to put guitarists in their place , ha ha ,good song tho
[/quote]
After fiddling about with a load and getting something I enjoyed playing that didn't bore me to tears, we dropped it........ Guitarists weren't happy with how it sounded and with a longer than usual gig coming up we had to focus on stuff we could stick together quickly. I was happy with anyway and couldn't see the issue but there you go.