Why become a member? ×

Line6 Experts: Auto Wah Ideas?

Skybone

As some of you may recall, I'm running a POD HD 500x, and we have one song with a bass intro, that is crying out for something like a AutoWah (I'm currently using a Phaser for it).

The thing I'm having difficulties with is the volume between effect on & effect off. The volume drops with the effect on, then comes back up when it's switched off. I've played with a few of the Auto Wah models, my favourite being the "Tron Down", but I can't seem to get the volume levels right with the effect on.

Anyone got any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a late reply but I used to use the Tron Up/Down effect on my Line 6 M5 and I seem to remember there being some kind of level control within the edit parameters? It's been a while since I owned it though so my memory could be less than accurate. It might be worth changing the filter from bandpass to low pass or vice versa. That can make a difference to the loudness of the output but will obviously have the potentially undesirable effect of changing the overall tone of the filter sweep!

• 2 weeks later...

Not about your exact pedal but I use an X3 Live and used a compressor sim with the compression off but the gain turned up to get a boost.
Does that make sense? I haven't explained it that well have I?

I had a PODxt Live for a while before the HD, so I know what you mean, obviously put the Compressor before the Auto Wah and leave it on. No harm in trying it out.

I managed to get one up & running the other week, but it didn't quite sound right at rehearsal. I'm just going to have to try a few different things out (including using the expression pedal wah).