Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Roland TD3 electronic drum kit complete plus Pearl kick pedal
£300

I bought this new and it has had occasional use in my home studio; in fact so occasional that I can't really justify the space it occupies.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The 'brain' is the Roland TD3[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif], basic but with great sounds and click training facility. Roland say:[/font][/color]

[i]"The TD-3 Percussion Sound Module boasts 114 new, high-quality drum and percussion sounds arranged into 32 kits, plus an easy-to-use interface so you can start playing right away.

Finding the right drum kit is simple: just use the Phrase Preview function to hear a short demo for each kit. Each kit’s sounds can be enhanced using 15 types of built-in Ambience effects and compression. And with Roland’s enhanced Rhythm Coach onboard, drummers can improve their timing, speed and endurance using several rhythm-training exercises. The back of the module features nine trigger inputs, making it possible to add more pads like Roland’s mesh PD-80R for snare. A stereo Mix input lets you play along with external audio sources, while MIDI In and Out let you connect with sequencers and more."[/i]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]All the pads are Roland V-Drums, all are dual zone but a good few of sounds in the brain are pressure sensitive (editable), especially the snares and rides, so the sounds can change if you hit harder, so you get more than two sounds per pad for some things. The snare is the mesh variety and tensionable. The cymbals are dual zone and chokeable.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Full disclosure: The Hi-Hat controller pedal developed a well-known issue whereby it became very stiff to operate. I have modded the rubber resistant inside the controller to overcome this. [/font][/color]

[b]WHAT YOU GET:

TD-3 Brain and Power Adaptor with Manual
Mesh Snare with rim sensor
3x Dual Zone Pads
2x Chokeable Cymbals[/b]
[b]Dual Zone Hi-Hat Cymbal
Kick Drum Unit
Hi-Hat Controller Pedal
Pearl Kick Pedal
Frame and brackets
All necessary cables included[/b]

lI am looking for [b]£300[/b] collection or meet-up. I have the original boxes for all the components except the frame, and together it makes a rather bulky package, so I am not keen to get involved with 'shipping'. I live in Swindon, work in Oxford, and travel around the South of England for gigs, so there is a good chance that a meet-up could be arranged.

By all means suggest trades, but bear in mind I am mainly looking to raise cash for a substantial guitar purchase!

Edited by JapanAxe

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1496692634' post='3313293']
Someone after a Roland kit, don't know if you have seen it

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/306651-electronic-drum-kit/"]http://basschat.co.u...ronic-drum-kit/[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks Dunc, I followed that up. Still available - perfect for quiet practice through headphones, aux in for playing along with material that you're learning.

http://youtu.be/jO16dnzjSJ8

[quote name='thebigyin' timestamp='1497518405' post='3318768']
Just a feeler can the kit be set up for a left handed drummer
[/quote]

Yes it can, very easily. You can arrange the various pads however you like, assign them to whichever drum sounds you want, and mount the 'brain' on either side of the kit.

EDIT: I am travelling from Swindon to Teesside via Sheffield on Saturday if that helps anyone.

Edited by JapanAxe