Why become a member? ×

Schecter Robert De Leo Model T 2002
£525

damas

[font=Arial, sans-serif][size=2]Early schecter model t in what I believe is called the mary kaye colours (solid white with black pick guard) active, EMG pick ups and decal on back of head stock. I had this imported from America at the time and is in MINT condition, never been gigged and home use only.
Has resided under my bed in its case for the last 10 years unplayed and really needs to be someone who is going to play it and appreciate it. Could do with a new set of strings as there is some surface rust on them from storage (my bad).
Difficult to find info on this but colour was only available for a couple of years and the model t has gone through various variations over the years pickups,controls,wood active to passive but I believe this to be how the model t should be as mr de leo is happy enough to have his name attached to it and after all he did help develop it.
Will come with original schecter lockable hardcase, levys wide leather strap (this was £50 new) Dunlop strap locks and a custom lead made by a local music shop and is very flexible.
Any trial is welcome and am located near Norwich Norfolk to make sure you are 100% happy with it although you would have to bring own amp as I sold mine a long time ago.
Would also arrange courier if needed at buyers expense.
Can only attach a couple of photos but can e-mail more to interested parties
A truly awesome rare bass that is in time warp condition[/size][/font]

[attachment=246652:P1000727.JPG][attachment=246656:P1000714.JPG]

• 2 months later...

Oh my.... is this a made in USA version?? If so this is an absolute steal.

I had a Korean diamond series (not rob deleo signature but looked exactly the same) and had passive Seymour duncan spb2's. It was absolutely stunning in looks, tone, playability and weight. It is probably up their with the best bass I have ever played.

The only reason I sold it is I do tend to be a bit of gear snob, and I was in a fender phase. It is a stupid reason to sell a bass I know... but we can't keep them all.

I am playing 5 strings now, but this is seriously killing me as Rob De Leo is one of my favourite players, he is amazing.

I would love to see more pics of this!!!!

I can not find any information on it to state which country it was actually made in but the hard case is a Schecter diamond series one and only got it imported from the states and do not want to mislead anyone to it being USA made. Although doing a bit of research it looks like they had parts manufactured in Korea and had the parts sent to the US for assembly and set up by there own technicians. It is one of the very first ones to be this spec though because they were only available in this colour (for two years) butterscotch and sunburst on first release and I have no idea to how many was made with the active set up before they changed it to a passive set up but I guess it was not for too long.
Agree with all you say about them and most of what I have read about people who have owned Schecters do rate them with a fair few people regretting selling them.
Just send us a pm with your e-mail and will gladly send you some more pics as the ones on here really do not do the bass justice.
As for Rob de Leo my ears will never get bored of his melodic runs

Would it be possible to post, or send to me via PM, photos of the front and rear of the headstock and give me a serial number, please. A photo of the rear of the body would be helpful too.

I'm interested but want to do some research so that I know *exactly* what it is I'm thinking of buying. Thanks.

[quote name='Scoop' timestamp='1503650911' post='3359899']
Would it be possible to post, or send to me via PM, photos of the front and rear of the headstock and give me a serial number, please. A photo of the rear of the body would be helpful too.

I'm interested but want to do some research so that I know *exactly* what it is I'm thinking of buying. Thanks.
[/quote]

good call

From my understanding the US made Schecters are all marked as USA standard and the De Leo signature bass isn't one of these. Here's a link to the 2002 Schecter Catalogue showing this bass and also the USA standard models for that year.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/international/media/k2/attachments/2002_Catalog.pdf

• 4 months later...