Why become a member? ×

Meeting another Basschatter.

alembic1989

Had the pleasure of meeting another BC'er to conclude a trade deal today. Doesn't happen a lot, but when it has happened over the years Ive been a member, it's always been a pleasure. Always good to meet the person behind their BC moniker.
There's something about bass players that makes them different from g****ists. I think it's the lack of competitiveness and bitchiness.

I've yet to meet anybody from this forum that I didn't like....everybody I've met at a Bash has been open and friendly and when I've done deals it's been a bind to end conversations as there's always so much in common.

Bassists, we are such a great bunch.

I was having a chinwag with two other Basschatters this weekend; Chris Sharman and Dave Sturt. We were all playing at a local festival, some of us twice. We have a nice little enclave of supportive forum members here in Derbyshire, not forgetting the incomperable Andyjr1515. Andy was probably far too busy on his latest wonder-build to come out.

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1496605576' post='3312660']

Gentle negative term, don't think there is a US equivalent.
[/quote]
Difficult, awkward, martinet, hardass, jerk, dickwad

Edited by Geek99

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1496603210' post='3312637']
I've yet to meet anybody from this forum that I didn't like....everybody I've met at a Bash has been open and friendly and when I've done deals it's been a bind to end conversations as there's always so much in common.

Bassists, we are such a great bunch.
[/quote]

+1

Endless positive experiences since being on Basschat this last 10 years or so..

Well, except for my bank balance of course which hasn't quite enjoyed such a positive time of things! 😀

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1496608181' post='3312707']
I've met grangur, gremlinandy, homer and walman (I think). All have been top. I work with Norris.
[/quote]
Likewise, good Sir.

I too have had some wonderful experiences. I met with Binky-bass yesterday simply for me to try his multi-string basses. Had a great time.

Only ever had one bad experience; I got chewed off after my driving a 150mile round trip and I failed to buy the guy's bass. I survived.

I have been introduced to this forum by silverfoxnik. He paid me a visit to have a look at my bass around November last year. Since then, I went through quite a few instruments and met quite a few BC'ers. Always great advice and common ground with all of them. Nik came and bought a bass from me recently, more time pleasantly spent. Thank you.

It's a beautiful thing we've got going here. It helps me to believe that there are still kind people out there.

[quote name='alembic1989' timestamp='1496602063' post='3312619']
Had the pleasure of meeting another BC'er to conclude a trade deal today. Doesn't happen a lot, but when it has happened over the years Ive been a member, it's always been a pleasure. Always good to meet the person behind their BC moniker.
There's something about bass players that makes them different from g****ists. I think it's the lack of competitiveness and bitchiness.
[/quote]

You'd enjoy the Bass Bashes then.

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1496605453' post='3312656']
If I ever make it to the UK, I'll be looking all of you up...
[/quote]

Like Len, I say go for it. Derbyshire is highly recommended as a place of interest for tourists. I'd be happy to meet up for a coffee/beer and a chin wag if you are in our area.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1496603210' post='3312637']
I've yet to meet anybody from this forum that I didn't like....everybody I've met at a Bash has been open and friendly and when I've done deals it's been a bind to end conversations as there's always so much in common......
[/quote]

Yes, I'm in 100% agreement - I've met quite a few BC'ers, at local bass bash events and when buying /selling / trading...
I've got to say I've really enjoyed meeting every one of them. I know several local BC'ers who I'd never hesitate to ask for advice or help....

Thanks BC - I don't know what I did before I discovered this forum (well, I probably spent much less money on gear ha ha)

+1 to all the good things said above about meeting Basschatters for deals, or even just a drink, and attending bashes. Honourable mention for the London Bass Guitar Show too, which is teeming with Basschatters every year.
And don't forget the non-bass-playing other halves. I have met Mrs CamdenRob, Mrs Grangur, Mrs Sharman, the lovely soon-to-be Mrs Dave Swift, as well as Mrs Hamster and Mrs Silverfoxnik, and found them all supportive, great fun and always willing to help out. :)